Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock WBS for time sheet users, allow expenses

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one project which is having release status.

Now as i have finished my hours for this project , so i want to lock WBS element for Time Sheet users.

But at the same time accounts user should be allowed to book expenses on this WBS element.

How and which status should i set in this case?

Regards,

Pritam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smile

You can create a User Status and disallow Confirmations for the defined Status .

You can post other costs required other than confirmations .

Hope that helps .

Kish

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kish,

How can i create user status??

Regards,

Pritam

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smile ,

Murali had already given you the link

You can define the required User status in the status profile .

For eg your Network has a status profile ZPSxxxx and the status profile for the activities is also the same .

you can define your required User status within that status profile and define whatever business trnasactions can be carried out on assigning the User status .

Further more , i think you need to develop a user exit in addition to the User status .

When the user enters his time sheet the Logistic confirmations are posted only when the Time sheets are transferred to PS/PM/CO et...

so even setting the status might not stop the user from reporting time , but the hours would land up in COFC as erroneous confirmations .

So a user exit might help you to check the user status on the object and prevent the user in reporting time itself .

Kish

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks Murali, Thanks Kish.

We are not using network & activities.

Regards,

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a user profile (user status) and set business Transaction 'Actual activity allocation' to not allowed. Set this user status on the WBS elements where you don't want time sheet records to be posted against.

For creation of user status profile search the forum.

Regards

Sreenivas

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Sreenivas a lot!

I could set the status...

Points awarded.

Regards,

Pritam

Answers (0)