cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding back order processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

As per my knowledge backorder processing is to confirm the stock for particular sales order through CO06 t-code

my question is

I hav created sales order for particular customer for the material M1, Stock is there for this material checked through MMBE,

After creating sales order , checked backorder processing through CO06, there I specified material no, plant and sales order no. but screen shows as confirm ATP quantity is 0

but stock is ther for this material .

plz reply me y system shows ATP quantity is 0 and

wat is exactly back order processing means and at wat stage we will check this back order processing, wat is the useful?

Plz reply me soon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Basically back order is nothing but, an order in which all the line item are not delivered, or line items which are partially delivered. Additionally backorder processing is a functionality in SAP where you can change the committments and over-ride the blockage of stocks marked against sales documents/deliveries.

When you see stock in MMBE, the stock at unrestricted may not give true results, since it may have some stock blocked against orders & deliveries. So the stock which is higher than the ordered quantity you still may not be able to deliver it.

In this case you need to free the stock from similsr such orders & then change the confirmation against the order line item which you need to deliver.

Hope this solves your query.

Regards,

Dhananjay