cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Indicator - Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have a field at item level in sales order, viz "Usage Indicator", with entries like E, M, S.

This field has a drop down menu & also new usage indicators can be defined in IMG.

We want to use this field to enter a reference entry for a check in program for assigning a reference to an item.

Can you please tell me what is the specific use of this field & what will be the implications is we use is for the purpose I mentioned above. If define my own usage indicator & use it how will it affect my document processing (if any) in sales order, Delivery or Billing.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhananjay

In OVA4, you can create as many Usage Indicators as you can and assigned to either sale order type (Field Name ABRVW) in VOV8 or in sale order (Field Name VKAUS).

The usage defines the conditions under which a material is sold. It can be entered at item or header level. Entries made at header level are valid for all items.

The same material, but with different uses, can be sold to the same customer in separate items or orders.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

See our requirement is something like this. We have one order created in database.

Later we through a program & a BAPI, we are copying the already created item & entering it as one more line item in same sales order. At this point of time we are passing a Usage indicator in the first line.

This is done so that next time when we run the program, the program checks the usage indicator & neglects it, so that it does not get copied as new line item.

Initially we thought of using "Rejection Reason", but it has various other implications (delivery block, status completion etc.), so cancelled it.

Now please tell me, that such a use of "Usage Indicator", will have some haphazard implications or not.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhananjay

Sorry I have not experienced the requirement what you had indicated and needs to be tested. I feel it should work well and will not have any implications as well.

Please test this scenario in development client and post the outcome as I too interested to know the results.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Regards,

Dhananjay