cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption of a Multi-activity resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am trying to model the scenario below and it would be great if you guys can help!

1) I have a production version which has been CIF'fed to APO as a PPM. Production rate is 100 units/hour.

2) I have created 1 shift of 8 hours(06:00:00 to 14:00:00) in APO Resource. All days are working days. This is a multi-activity resource. My capacity value is 2 by default (since we have 2 people working).

3) When I go into PPT, I see that the available capacity is 16 hours(what I really want is 8 hrs, since available time is still 8 hrs).

4) I manually created an order for 1600 units for Product A on day 5.

The system backward scheduled and created this order by spreading it over the 5th day and the 4th day of the week. The utilization shows 50 % for both 5th and 4th days as I just have only 1 order and since it used up all 8 hrs on day 5, it also had to consume capacity on day 4.

The scenario which I am trying to model is that I have one shift of 8 hours. My default production rate is 2 workers pack 100 units in 1 hour. So if I have an order of 800, they work the entire shift of 8 hrs. as default(this case utilization of 100%). I can also have 4 people on certain days and finish this job in 4 hrs(utilization 50%). Based on these, I need to see that my available hours are always 8 but the utilization is displayed correctly.

Appreciate all your help!

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Kindly check in the ppm if the "cont. consumption " is maintained.

In the PPM at activity , goto 'mode' tab and double click on the resource. There you will find the fields for maintaing the

"cont. consumption ".

It controls the consumption of the resource capacity.This consumption can be defined either with or without respective to lot size.

Thanks & Regards

Abhijit S Nakhwa

Answers (0)