cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI to Read BI System ID in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a BAPI to Read the BI 7.0 System ID in VC 7.0? As I transport from Dev to Q to Prod, I need to read the BI system ID that the VC model is reading from.

I call queries from toolbar buttons with the URL that contains something like:

http://dev01.company.com:51600/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fp...

I need to change the "dev01" and port "51600" in the URL string in Q and Prod environments. I could dynamically change them with a Data Store variable if I just could know the server it was querying from within VC.

If there's an easier or diferent way, please tell.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilson,

What value do you enter for the DESTINATION required field? I tried System ID and a few others and get Authority errors.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry John,

The righ RFC is RFC_SYSTEM_INFO. I tried to pass you a name by hart becaouse I could access the system. With this RFC you do not need to pass an input paramenter. I am sending you a print-screen.

Regards,

Gilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilson,

We have both RFC_GET_SYSTEM_INFO and RFC_SYSTEM_INFO. My RFC_GET_SYSTEM_INFO looks like your RFC_SYSTEM_INFO. It returns RFCSI_EXPORT, but I do not have permissions, and BASIS does not want to grant it.

We are going to implement a custom table and maintain a few values in each environment. Due to our setup, the portal guys tell me the correct information would not be pulled from the RFC because of load balancing servers changing URL addresses.

Thank you very much for your info however. Very insightful and might use it for other purposes if I get access.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilson,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try it out after the apps are moved to Q and P. Might take a few days. I'll let you know how it works.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

You can use RFC_GET_SYSTEM_INFO. You can do something like this:

'http://'&STORE@v_host&'.xxxxx.xxx:5'&STORE@id_sistema&'00/irj/servlet/prt/portal/...............'

It worked for me. I will try to send you a printscreen if want.

Kind Regards,

Gilson