cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIREFIIGHTER Back Ground Job !

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on FF 3.0 CC 4.0

On I run the FF Log, I am told that the File is not genereated as the Back Ground Job is not scheduled.

Which is th e back ground Job needed to get these reports ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i guess from your query is:

1) Probably there is no activity by firefighter users or you need to schedule background job on hourly basis, the general practice is every 2 hours.

2) You can use any id with super administrator previledges to schedule background jobs.

Hey, I just wanted to ask you, does your firefighter controllers getting logs attached to e-mails and is the format of log report seems fine to you?

just confirm, cause there are two notes required to be applied in sequence.

1) 1046405

2) 1053315

Also it would be great, if you upgrade your GRC FF, CC solutions. I was in college when these products were rolling in the market and I never had the honor to experiment.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I am upgradign it to 52

2. My controllers are not getting Emails !! -let alone txt orother wise !!I am configuring this now! I also saw a note on attachemnt type

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Firefighter log collection job needs to run on a regular basis. Generally, there is a daily run and a hourly run. This job collects the log data from Virsa and formats and adds to the Firefighter logs. The job that must run is /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK. The message yoiu are recieving means that there is no data in the Firefighter history log for the time period specified. You can view the /VIRSA/ZFFTNSLOG table to see what data is available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The FAT BAK is running.

2. Table /VIRSA/ZFFTNSLOG has some entries but not all - same as the log file

3. The message continues to be not scheduled /Job file not generated.

I am on SP 12 thats not fat away form the current 15

Any assistance !!

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. Check that the FF Controller's Usage Flag is set to EMAIL

2. Check that the Controllers have valid email addresses and communication settings in SU01

3. Check that SCOT is configured correctly so that your R/3 system actually can send out emails

4. Schedule /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK

Hope that helps,

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank , Thanks for the answer !

What I wanted to get to is that in the transaction usage iget the mesage that 'FATBAk is not scheduled or the log file not genereated ..but /VIRSA/ZVATBAK is scheduled and running

But the file is not generated !

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Which user is the job running under - does he have the Firefighter Admin role?

What does the job log say - does the job generate any output?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Job that needs to Run is the FATBAK-- this is running - but my reports are absent ! it says the job is not scheduled !

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have manually run the FATBAK but again I am told that the BACK Grd Job was not scheduled or log file not genereated.

Any solution ??

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

On which ID should this FATBAK job run ?? These are same in 5.2 /5.3 too !! so even if you are working on52 /53 the answer is good for me !

Will the id make any difference ?? The job duration is 0 sec ?? Something wrong here ?