Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Replication to LDAP from SUS (ABAP system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have integrated ABAP(SUS) system with LDAP. We want to replicate all the user accounts created in SUS to LDAP ( both user id and password). We need this password in LDAP because LDAP is used for authentication when the user is logging from out side the company by ISA server ( reverse proxy server ) and when the users are logging in internally from the network they will be authenticated against SUS system directly. So we need the user account created at both places with password.

Any help around this topic is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Seshu

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaramala Reddy,

I have done Synchronization of users created on ABAP with LDAP directory.

You can use LDAP tcode or LDAPMAP tcode to do the required settings for mapping the SAP User Data fields to the LDAP directory attributes.

Once the mapping is defined, then run the report RSLDAPSYNC_USER which will replicate all the users created on the ABAP side or viceversa.

You can also schedule the report dialy as a backgroundjob for delta synchronization.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli.

0 Kudos

Yes Kiran, I was successfull doing what you have explained. However, I am still not able to find solution to my actual issue, that when we created a account in ABAP system, I need to replicate "password" along with other user info.

Is there any way we can modify the LDAP connector or replication program to have password replicated into LDAP?

Regards,

Seshu.

0 Kudos

Hi Yaramala Reddy,

Where you able to sort this issue, password replication into LDAP? Please suggest if you have a solution.

With Regards,

Laksh.