cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface creation between SAP NW and mainframes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to build a interface between Mainframes and SAP NW?

I am new to NW . Can any one please guide me how can i achieve this? please give detail description regarding this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Priya,

I have developed some scenarios integration with NW (XI) with the main frames.

Normally, mainframe generates or needs flat files and SAP requires RFC/Idoc/Proxy formats.

so its very simple like file to RFC/IDoc/Proxy. There are so many blogs are available in sdn, make a search n sdn and develop the scenarios.

Cheers.,

Esha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

Can you please post me links related to this scenario . ? please this is urgent issue .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at the link please. Integrating Mainframes using COBOL adapter.

http://documentation.softwareag.com/crossvision/xic311/prodover/starting.htm

Also check this blog SAP and Mainframe Integration by Mr.Dmitry

Hope it helps,

Krishna.

Edited by: Krishna Bath on Aug 2, 2008 8:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks a lot for the above links. You gave me appropriate information. I have one more query .

How will we develop batch interfaces between mainframe systems and SAP net weaver ? i mean for every 3 hrs if any new file is in ftp server . Xi has convert that flat file into Idoc. How can we do this? do we need to set up any configurations?

please urgent help needed in this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are trying to place the file on the ftp server and the requirement can be achieved by increasing the poll interval to time interval which is required.There is an option called Poll interval available on file adapter.Since File adapter will be used to connect to the FTP server.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Please search the forum Once before posting the questions.

Thanks for your understanding.

RGds,

Vasanth.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have an IBM mainframe and there is an MQ connection using input/output queue's. You can use the JMS adapter to talk to the mainframe for asynchronous as well as sync-async bridge type of synchronous operations.

We are currently exposing web services to the front end via SAP XI for some of the data held within the mainframe using MQ.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

can you explain what is your scenario?

Are you uploading data into Mainframes?

or loading data into SAP from mainframes?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravikanth,

It works both ways. please give me some links if you find any in SDN or out side links.