cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine License

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed NetWeaver AS JAVA stack for SAP MII.

The J2EE Engine was running with temporary license till 28th July '08. After expiration of temporary license, J2EE engine stopped with error that License Expired.

Then I installed permanent license. The license details are as given below:

System ID (3 characters): D31

System number (18 characters):000000000311020879

System name: xMII DEV

System type: Development system

Software product/release: SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

License Key Type Hardware Key Valid Till

-

Standard C0006878926 31.12.9999

But after installing permanent license, J2EE engine runs for 30 minutes and then fails with same error as License Expired.

Do I need separate license for J2EE Engine?

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same problem

In visual admin, could you check if the validality of your license installed. Here's "invalid" in my system.

The license was applied from service.sap.com as a permenant license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The system was using the J2EE temporary license. i.e J2EE-Engine_MSS. I have installed the Standard license using Visual Administrator. But after installing license, I could see two licenses.

- J2EE-Engine_MSS- this shows the license type as 'temporary' and validity as 'invalid' for Product -'J2EE-Engine_MSS'

- NetWeaver_MSS- this shows the license type as 'permanent' and validity as 'valid' for Product - 'NetWeaver_MSS'

The J2EE Engine stops after every 30 minutes with error that 'License expired'. I tried to remove the temporary license, then all values for J2EE-Engine_MSS became The J2EE was giving the same error after 30 minutes.

Now I have reinstalled the J2EE Engine, it is working on valid temporary license of 28 days.

So what kind of license is required for J2EE Engine? It doesn't work on NetWeaver_MSS license.

Thanks & Regards,

Ganesh

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Watch this part of the manual:

[SAP Licenses|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/28/deae9158471246a1003b62b25a5947/frameset.htm]

License keys you get from http://service.sap.com/licensekey. There you have to get a NetWeaver AS Java license.

But you said you run MSS? To my information this run on a double stack, in that case Java would obtain its license from an ABAP server. This only works in a double stack installation - otherwise you had to do a lot of configuration work.

I'd really advice to follow the manuals step by step.

Regards,

Benny

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How did you install your license? This looks like an old one, that would not work. The right one is a license file that you should install.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Install the J2EE license using the Visual Administrator tool. If you are not able to start your JAVA engine,activate the SAP* user using the Config Tool and apply the license.

Henk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

If you have a dual stack SAP system (so, both ABAP and Java), it's sufficient to only license the ABAP-stack, since that license is also valid for Java.

However, if you have a standalone J2EE, you need to apply for a seperate license. This can be done in the same way as for any other SAP license.

Regards,

Henk.