Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-installation security activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have recently installed ERP 6.0 SR3 on DB2. As part of the post-installation activities, we don't see any activities which are relevant to SAP security and roles. We are not sure whether we suppose to do any type of Security and Roles related activities.

I would appreciate anybody can share their experience

Best Regards,

Kris

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is a clean install and not an upgrade, designing and implementing security is a huge task laying ahead of you.

As far as post-installation is concerned, the steps in transaction SU25 are the first to come to mind. (Initial setup of PFCG)

0 Kudos

Hello Jurjen,

Yes, Its a fresh install. Do you mean I must run the SU25 before building the Roles and authorizations first time?

Thanks,

Kris

0 Kudos

Yes, please setup Profile generator using SU25.

Step1. in SU25 should suffice as this fills your default USOBT tables.

0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Do I have to run SU25 as DDIC in client 000? Since I have two clients 100 and 200.

Thanks,

Kris

0 Kudos

>

> Do I have to run SU25 as DDIC in client 000? Since I have two clients 100 and 200.

quote}

Hi Kris,

SU25 values are client independent, you can run them any where with any ID which has permissions to that.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

HI

From my experience Step 2A in SU25 is run by DDIC during the upgrade

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I would appreciate anybody can share their experience

I would recommend using DDIC for as little as possible, so that you only need to assign authorizations to the user during upgrades.

In particular, I would recommend against scheduling DDIC into any jobsteps or running any transactions which automatically schedule things, or create things, as all you will ever see is DDIC all over the place and you will have a tough time trying to get it back again.

This should be one of the first post-installation activities.

Cheers,

Julius