Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to PI Data Historian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, there!

I have some doubts on how to connect MII 12.0 to PI Data Historian:

1 - What kind of Data Server is it? UDC?

2 - Is it completely built-in to MII 12.0 or is there something else I need to purchase? How is it done?

Thanks a lot for your patience and help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You can find a PI UDS from service.sap.com -> download. It is an old version and I am not sure about SAPs roadmap with this.

This is an application you need to install, most likely on the PI server if possible but can probably also be installed elsewhere(I have not been using PI UDS but others). Then create a dataconnection from MII to the UDS software, and you are right, it is a UDC connection, you need to make.

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Poul!

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Bu this software I have to download from SAP Service, is it free or do I have to buy it separately from MII?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The UDS's comes with MII - no extra cost.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Can you give me the links where I can download it?

I've searched SAP Marketplace for it, but couldn't find it...

Thanks a lot!

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/swdc and you should find it under:

Installations and Upgrades --> SAP xApps --> SAP XMII --> SAP XMII UDS --> XMII PI UDS --> XMII PI UDS 2.5.0.0

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Jeremy!

Former Member
0 Kudos

4.0 version planned?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a new connectivity framework being released this year, that does a lot more than the old MII connectors. The big difference is the ability to define events and notifications (rather than just synchronous query response) for the connectors. There will be a new OSISoft connector next year on the new framework.