cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Determination in MTO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am setting up MTO scenerion and while creating Delivery, not able to get the batch determination.

While if I use MTS material the batches are determined.

Is there any specific setting I need to do for having the Batches for the MTO batches determined automatically in delivery.

Please advise.

Regards,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

To solve the current error. (one of the way)

- MB1B t.Code & Use 413 mov. type fort the material against which stock is missing

- After entering receiving storage, material etc. press enter

- You will ask to enter Sales Order & Line item

- Enter sales order & line item & save against which you need to dispatch that material

- Finally You'll find the stock while preparing delivery.

regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chintan,

Thanks for your reply.

But in my case the Batch is already linked to the sales order via Process Order.

So even if I try to replicate the suggestion given by you, I am getting the error that the Stock is already assiged to Sales Order.

I am facing the problem in getting the batch determination in Delivery.

Any other way out for it ?

Please advise.

Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh,

Kindly check follwoing.

1. Batch manufactur against mention Sales Order for which you are doing delivery.

If No. then you have to transfer these batch against Sales Order which you want to required in Delivery.

Batch Transfer through MB!B and Movement Type 413 (E).

Regards,

Bijal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Request you to please explain this with an example if possible.

Regards,

Harsh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi J,

Here is the batch determination, the whole process, how it is determined automatically in the order.

A1) Normaly we use batch determination at delivery level, because at the time of order material may or may not be created.for this material should be configured with batch and batch determination should be checked in sales views of material.

A2) Batch Determination during order Creation.

For this you need to maintain a Classes d for you Material. Depending on the Manufacturing process you can define the characteristics for your material.

Ex: Purity for Medicines, Resistance for Electric Items.

You need to create a class (You might have to create a new class type) which incorporates the characteristic.

First Create the Characteristic Using Ct04 and then using Cl02 create the Class including this characteristic.

Then in your material master Classification View Enter this class.

Then Create a Batch for the particular plant and Stor Loc using MSC1N.Give the value of the characteristics in this batch.

Then go to SPRO ->Logistics General ->Batch Management and maintain the Condition Technique (Procedure, Strategy Types and assignment to sales docs etc).

Then Create the Batch Determination Record using VCH1.

For more details refer this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/25/283aac4f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Regards,

R.brahmankar