cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birds eye view of SAP Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

a chapter of my diploma thesis is concerned with giving an overview of the SAP Netweaver System Landscape.

What I need is a paper that gives a comprehensive overview from a technical perspective (explaining architectural components of SAP NW).

Has anybody ever found something recommendable?

Thanks, JJJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question is about Netweaver and you answer with XI.

Why do you copy and paste something which is totally out of subject with the question ?

It looks like points hunting which is against the forum rules...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, Jonathan may as well forgo his diploma.

There is apparently a lot to learn about XI right now

btw, the earlier post was right. About technical perspective of NW, there is an abundance of info out there.

So much info, and way too many "perspectives" keep coming out even on SAP sites themselves, that it is quite an effort if you want to filter it down for an audience with no prior exposure to anything SAP. (more, the better I suppose).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in deed there is a lot of information out there. That's why I am asking... I did not find a comprehensive overview.

You see, am I asking for a document that provides a birds eye view of components that Netweaver comprises and how the relate... (e.g. CAF, CE, Portal, NWDS, Web Dynpro, Guided Procedures).

What I need is a map that locates each of those components...

So long, thanks, JJJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

>I did not find a comprehensive overview.

If it existed, life would more easier for a lot of people...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Dan Woods and Jeffrey Word wrote SAP NetWeaver for Dummies back in 2004 and it gives a pretty good overview, but is a few years old now (I just checked on Amazon and it's available). Also, check out SAP Press as they publish a lot of books on SAP. In particular I saw SAP NetWeaver: The Official Guide by Loren Heilig, Steffen Karch, Oliver Böttcher, Christophe Mutzig, Jan Weber and Roland Pfennig. Appears to have just been updated for 7.1.

Best Regards,

Matt

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

did you even consider to check a library on that?

There are tons of books on NetWeaver out there - and many universities have copies of them.

Anyhow - you may want to have a look into the documentation e.g. [here|http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/netweaver/docu_nw_70_design.htm#nw70]

regards,

Lars