cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing file from File-Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I had no training in MII and so I don´t know if this is a basic question or really hard??

How can I load a file which is placed on a file server in our network?

When i try to do a xml-query I can only write an URL. But the file isn´t on a web-server resp. ftp-server??

It´s just a file on a server in our network.

Is this possible or has it to be placed to a web/ftp-server which I can address via an URL?

Thanks, Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

I think you need to have FTP on your "File Server" .

Then you can use FTP File List action block in your transaction to get the File List

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rupesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rupesh's suggestion is probably the best one, as it avoids many of the operating system and security challenges you'll face with other approaches. Simply set up an FTP server that maps the location of your file(s) as a "virtual directory", and you can access the file(s) using the FTP actions in BLS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do it if the file server mounted on your xMII server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

File has to be somewhere in the Inetpub/wwwroot/ folder of the MII installation drive so that it can be loaded in your application.

MII is nothing but an application deployed on a web-server which is IIS here. Every web-server has a home directory path, which, for the case of IIS, is Inetpub/wwwroot/.

Any web-server can reference only those files that are present inside this home directory path. And that too, for referring to any such file, URL is to be mentioned e.g. http://<server_name>/<file_path_and_name>.

Regards,

Ankit Jain.