cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2004 ABAP and NW04 JAVA on same machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just installed the sneak NW04 SP15 JAVA (portal) - all ok!

But now I would like to installed the NW2004 ABAP ALSO on the SAME machine(XP) - but this gives me error on installing the database:

ERROR 2006-01-12 17:43:44

MDB-07020 The database installer reported an error. Some database applications are probably still running. Check the log file sdbinst.log.

SDBinst.log says:

independent data path: f:/sapdb/data

independent program path: f:/sapdb/programs

start extraction test run of "G:/SAPNW2004sSneakPreviewABAP/MaxDB_7.6.0_RDBMS_Installations/MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386/SDBBAS.TGZ"

test pgm/sqltcp.dll failed: cannot extract pgm/sqltcp.dll: sharing violation during open of existing file

following programs are running:

kernel.exe [pid = 1620]

please stop all!

installation exited abnormally at Th, Jan 12, 2006 at 17:43:44

How can I stop the database during this installation - or can I installe BOTH sneak previews on the SAME machine at all????

Please help me....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I did a reinstall of it all - first the ABAP7.0 then the JAVA/ Portal - and now it all works perfect!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I followed your recommendation and my installation worked fine too. However, since the port for the Java version is no longer 50000 but 50200, I'm concerned about hard coded programs or processes that reference the old port. Haven't you run into such situation?

Thanks much.

Vic

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problems at all, actually I have changed the port for the java/portal to another port than the 50200 to access it from the web through my firewallsettings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved it - killed some services for the SAP DB - and now it have come further. - som right now it is running the "IMPORT ABAP" - should it take so long time? - (how long time...? I have a 3GZ 2GB ram)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

import ABAP (around 18 jobs) took about 4 hours for me

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

After what you did, did the ABAP engine installation succeed?

Thanks.

Vic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I think you should be able to install ABAP-stack to the same database instance just use different database name.

Also, before installation make sure that your NW04 J2EE is down and cannot be invoked automatically.

I have J2EE standalone and dual-stack instance installed on my machine though it's not a sneak preview and my DB is MSSQL.

Regards,

Mike