cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports - request could not be submitted for background processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

At some intervals during the day, we receive the following error -

The request could not be submitted for background processing.

we use a windows service to create pdf files using Crystal reports. Once we do restart the windows service everyhing runs fine for a few hours and then the below error message is logged causing the service to tire!

1) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: Congestion.Framework.ExceptionManagement.CCSException ErrorCode: ReportMergeFailed CustomCode: Category: Fulfilment MachineName: TPRC1CCWB003 CreatedDateTime: 31/07/2008 14:56:17 AppDomainName: agentservices.exe ThreadIdentityName: WindowsIdentityName: TPRC1CCWB003\sa_MFSA AdditionalInformation: ErrorCode: 25999 Category: Fulfilment Message: [25999] Failed to merge data with the report template. TargetSite: NULL HelpLink: NULL Source: NULL 2) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException ErrorID: -256 Message: Error in File C:\DOCUME1\sa_MFSA\LOCALS1\Temp\{9B3923E8-322E-4F3A-A910-448F9FE76102}.rpt: The request could not be submitted for background processing. TargetSite: Boolean ThrowDotNetException(System.Exception) HelpLink: NULL Source: CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion StackTrace Information ********************************************* at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument. (Object f) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.SetDataSource(DataSet dataSet) at Congestion.Core.BusinessTier.Fulfilment.Helpers.FulfilmentRouter.DoReportMerge(Int64 lngRequestId, String strTemplateLocation, String strEmailAttachmentType, String strFetchedData, DataTable dtRequest, String strApplyCSRSgn, DateTime dtmAudCreatedDate, Int64 lngDocId, String strFulfilmentMode, String strPageSizeCode, String strPrinterName, String strPrinterGroup, ReportDocument& oRptDoc, Boolean blnExport, String[]& arrstrImagesInDoc, Boolean& blnIsPreview, String& strPreviewMode, Int64& lngGenID, Boolean& blnHasImages, Boolean blnIsCompleted, String strSchemeContext) 3) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException ErrorCode: -2147482963 Message: Error in File C:\DOCUME1\sa_MFSA\LOCALS1\Temp\{9B3923E8-322E-4F3A-A910-448F9FE76102}.rpt: The request could not be submitted for background processing. TargetSite: Void SetDataSource(System.Object, System.String, System.String) HelpLink: NULL Source: Analysis Server StackTrace Information ********************************************* at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.DatabaseControllerClass.SetDataSource(Object DataSource, String OldTableAlias, String NewTableName) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Table.SetDataSource(Object val) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument. (Object f)

Could someone help me solve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rajesh;

You didn't indicate which version of Crystal Reports you are working with. But, a quick search of that error in our Notes database shows that any number of things can cause it. It is a fairly generic error, that means that something is wrong. The first step would be to ensure you have the latest update for your version of Crystal Reports.

Then, try to narrow it down a bit. Try a simple report with just a few database fields. Does that ever cause the error? If not, keep adding to the report until you determine what is actually causing it.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I have close to 50 reports in the system. If we restart the service it works fine, The same erroroneous records are re-tried and they convert to pdf correctly.

It is just after a few hours and a few thousand conversions that the service tires.

The reports are basic they have the database fields - ADO.NET (XML) and an xml dataset is assigned to them.

The only thing I can see is that we have not applied SP4. Would that help in anyway?

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rajesh;

Certainly the first step would be to apply SP 4.

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006255422008E/crxir2_sp4_inc.exe

Also, make sure you are cleaning up your reports and your datasets, when they are done.

Some examples of using Close and Dispose on the report object can be found here:

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have applied the latest service pack for Crystal reports - and it seems the problem is worse. Thew new errors we receive are

Event Type: Error Event Source: Core_AgentRemotingHost Event Category: (5) Event ID: 0 Date: 06/08/2008 Time: 09:20:06 User: N/A Computer: TPRC1CCWB001 Description: General Information ********************************************* Additional Info: ErrorCode: 25999 Category: 18 ExceptionManager.MachineName: TPRC1CCWB001 ExceptionManager.TimeStamp: 06/08/2008 09:20:06 ExceptionManager.FullName: Congestion.Framework.ExceptionManagement, Version=33.22.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null ExceptionManager.AppDomainName: agentservices.exe ExceptionManager.ThreadIdentity: ExceptionManager.WindowsIdentity: TPRC1CCWB001\sa_MFSA 1) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: Congestion.Framework.ExceptionManagement.CCSException ErrorCode: ReportMergeFailed CustomCode: Category: Fulfilment MachineName: TPRC1CCWB001 CreatedDateTime: 06/08/2008 09:20:06 AppDomainName: agentservices.exe ThreadIdentityName: WindowsIdentityName: TPRC1CCWB001\sa_MFSA AdditionalInformation: ErrorCode: 25999 Category: Fulfilment Message: [25999] Failed to merge data with the report template. TargetSite: NULL HelpLink: NULL Source: NULL 2) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: System.OutOfMemoryException Message: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. TargetSite: System.MarshalByRefObject AllocateUninitializedObject(System.RuntimeType) HelpLink: NULL Source: mscorlib StackTrace Information ********************************************* at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType) at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(Type objectType) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(Type serverType) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(Type serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.CreateRptDoc() at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper..ctor() at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.q() at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..ctor() at Congestion.Core.BusinessTier.Fulfilment.Helpers.FulfilmentRouter.DoReportMerge(Int64 lngRequestId, String strTemplateLocation, String strEmailAttachmentType, String strFetchedData, DataTable dtRequest, String strApplyCSRSgn, DateTime dtmAudCreatedDate, Int64 lngDocId, String strFulfilmentMode, String strPageSizeCode, String strPrinterName, String strPrinterGroup, ReportDocument& oRptDoc, Boolean blnExport, String[]& arrstrImagesInDoc, Boolean& blnIsPreview, String& strPreviewMode, Int64& lngGenID, Boolean& blnHasImages, Boolean blnIsCompleted, String strSchemeContext)

The reports are created through a common piece of code and we are disposing of the object correctly. We are getting a plethora of errors - Report Merge Failed, Failed to logon ....

I am unsure of what to check next or how to proceed further.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am adding one other error message that is being logged all the time.

It has someting to do with the sacommlayer.dll.

Event Type: Error Event Source: Core_AgentRemotingHost Event Category: (5) Event ID: 0 Date: 06/08/2008 Time: 10:41:15 User: N/A Computer: TPRC1CCWB004 Description: General Information ********************************************* Additional Info: ErrorCode: 25999 Category: 18 ExceptionManager.MachineName: TPRC1CCWB004 ExceptionManager.TimeStamp: 06/08/2008 10:41:15 ExceptionManager.FullName: Congestion.Framework.ExceptionManagement, Version=33.22.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null ExceptionManager.AppDomainName: agentservices.exe ExceptionManager.ThreadIdentity: ExceptionManager.WindowsIdentity: TPRC1CCWB004\sa_MFSA 1) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: Congestion.Framework.ExceptionManagement.CCSException ErrorCode: ReportMergeFailed CustomCode: Category: Fulfilment MachineName: TPRC1CCWB004 CreatedDateTime: 06/08/2008 10:41:15 AppDomainName: agentservices.exe ThreadIdentityName: WindowsIdentityName: TPRC1CCWB004\sa_MFSA AdditionalInformation: ErrorCode: 25999 Category: Fulfilment Message: [25999] Failed to merge data with the report template. TargetSite: NULL HelpLink: NULL Source: NULL 2) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: System.Exception Message: Load report failed. TargetSite: Void EnsureDocumentIsOpened() HelpLink: NULL Source: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine StackTrace Information ********************************************* at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename) at Congestion.Core.BusinessTier.Fulfilment.Helpers.FulfilmentRouter.DoReportMerge(Int64 lngRequestId, String strTemplateLocation, String strEmailAttachmentType, String strFetchedData, DataTable dtRequest, String strApplyCSRSgn, DateTime dtmAudCreatedDate, Int64 lngDocId, String strFulfilmentMode, String strPageSizeCode, String strPrinterName, String strPrinterGroup, ReportDocument& oRptDoc, Boolean blnExport, String[]& arrstrImagesInDoc, Boolean& blnIsPreview, String& strPreviewMode, Int64& lngGenID, Boolean& blnHasImages, Boolean blnIsCompleted, String strSchemeContext) 3) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException ErrorCode: -2147467259 Message: Unspecified error TargetSite: Void Open(System.Object ByRef, Int32) HelpLink: NULL Source: sacommlayer.dll StackTrace Information ********************************************* at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are using Crystal reports XI. The errors are back, as of yesterday close to 10000 records have failed printing.

After applying Crystal Reports XI service pack 4. The errors did disappear for a 3 days. However they have occured at a massive scale today!

All the errors are for requests could not be submitted for background processing!!

Could someone help us resolve this?

Thanks Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I have done - I have cleared the temporary file created by Crystal reports under the user account on the servers , restarted the service and have done an iisreset.

The problem seems to have disappeared?

Is it because the temp location is filling up?

I am running out of places to look, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rajesh;

As I said previously, any number of things can cause the error. If it seems to be gone now, keep monitoring, and see if it comes back or not.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

I have been pulling my hair out with this one. We have a new set of errors which in turn throw a System Out of Memory Exception. This ocurs every hour and when we restart the windows service everything runs properly until the next hour. Would somebody be able to help me out with this?

General Information ********************************************* Additional Info: ErrorCode: 25999 Category: 18 ExceptionManager.MachineName: TPRC1CCWB003 ExceptionManager.TimeStamp: 19/08/2008 12:17:16 ExceptionManager.FullName: Congestion.Framework.ExceptionManagement, Version=33.31.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null ExceptionManager.AppDomainName: agentservices.exe ExceptionManager.ThreadIdentity: ExceptionManager.WindowsIdentity: TPRC1CCWB003\sa_MFSA 1) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: Congestion.Framework.ExceptionManagement.CCSException ErrorCode: ReportMergeFailed CustomCode: Category: Fulfilment MachineName: TPRC1CCWB003 CreatedDateTime: 19/08/2008 12:17:16 AppDomainName: agentservices.exe ThreadIdentityName: WindowsIdentityName: TPRC1CCWB003\sa_MFSA AdditionalInformation: ErrorCode: 25999 Category: Fulfilment Message: [25999] Failed to merge data with the report template. TargetSite: NULL HelpLink: NULL Source: NULL 2) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: System.Exception Message: Load report failed. TargetSite: Void EnsureDocumentIsOpened() HelpLink: NULL Source: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine StackTrace Information ********************************************* at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename) at Congestion.Core.BusinessTier.Fulfilment.Helpers.FulfilmentRouter.DoReportMerge(Int64 lngRequestId, String strTemplateLocation, String strEmailAttachmentType, String strFetchedData, DataTable dtRequest, String strApplyCSRSgn, DateTime dtmAudCreatedDate, Int64 lngDocId, String strFulfilmentMode, String strPageSizeCode, String strPrinterName, String strPrinterGroup, ReportDocument& oRptDoc, Boolean blnExport, String[]& arrstrImagesInDoc, Boolean& blnIsPreview, String& strPreviewMode, Int64& lngGenID, Boolean& blnHasImages, Boolean blnIsCompleted, String strSchemeContext) 3) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: System.OutOfMemoryException Message: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. - CommunicationAdapterFactory TargetSite: Void Open(System.Object ByRef, Int32) HelpLink: NULL Source: clientdoc.dll StackTrace Information ********************************************* at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There, I am using Crystal Reports XI v2 on Windows XP in combination with Business Objects Enterprise on a Windows NT server and I had the same problem: Error in File C:\Filename.rpt: The request could not be submitted for background processing.

I had never seen this problem before and I have a fleet of Crystal Reports running on the Business Objects schedule perfectly ranging in complexity from simple to straight out confusing. This one report was working fine if exported to PDF however as soon as I tried to export it using CSV format then either my Crystal Reports would die or the BO scheduler would return the above error.

After searching a few forums I figured I should do some investigation of my own as this error potentially has multiple causes. I employed simple trial and error methodology. I generated the report in Crystal and saved the report file u2018with datau2019 so that when Crystal died I could open the report again and not have to rerun it (to save time). I started by u2018suppressingu2019 all the sections of the report except for the main section where all the data was contained and then tried exporting the limited report in CSV format and it worked. Thus the main section of the report was not the issue. One by one I unsuppressed each section and exported in CSV until I found the section which was causing the error.

The cause of the error was the section with all my sub-reports (one of the eight sub-reports)! So I employed the same method as above (suppressed all sub-reports, then unsuppressed each one in turn and exported CSV file to determine which sub-report was causing the error). Once I found the single sub-report that was causing the error I noticed that some of the values my sub-report was producing were NULL values and I suspected this was the cause. I removed the NULL values from the sub-report, re-imported it into the main report (linking it using the same field) and proceeded to export the file in CSV format. I then saved the Crystal Report to the BO server and triggered the schedule in CSV format and everything worked out fine. Success!

As it was all working I did not investigate further so do not know the true cause of the problem but I would advise trial and error investigation isolating different sections of the report to determine which is causing the problem, then either remove, replace or recreate this section.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

As you might know crystal report creates a temporary crystal report file in temp folder.

The error thet you are facing might come when your temp folder is filled and no new temp files for crystal reports cant be created.

You can try adding code for closing and disposing the report document.

After your code to export the reportdocument to pdf add following lines:

reportdocumentObject.close();

RepoortdocumentObject.Dispose();

You can also try increasing your temp folders size.

You can also restart the IIS on every night so that your temp foldergets cleared.

Thank you,

Prasad Kanchan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Prasad .

Here is a code snippet of what we are doing once the report document is exported to pdf.

In the finally block we have added

If Not IsNothing(oRptDoc) Then If oRptDoc.IsLoaded Then oRptDoc.Close() End If oRptDoc.Dispose() oRptDoc = Nothing End If where - oRptDoc As ReportDocument

Since this is a service which processes close to 7000 records daily. I am unsure of how to check that every single call has disposed of the report document object.