cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass data update in Value mapping table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have used Value mapping replication to update the mass data from external source to Value mapping table . Its updatating in Runtime Cache but i want the data to be visible in GUI Value mapping table as well. Is it possible ? Because i doubt that the data in Runtime Cache may get removed if the system restarts . Can any one help ?

Thanks

Laks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

I believe that it will not get deleted , but I am just a beginner in SAP XI and I have a whole lot of things to learn.

1.when you do a clear cache, then I guess we need to activate the maps again to make them work. Please correct me if I am wrong.

2. If a clear cache is done, does it not mean that the VM Cache is also cleared?

Thanks once again for your help

Laks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>1.when you do a clear cache, then I guess we need to activate the maps again to make them work. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Nope. You dont have to.

>>2. If a clear cache is done, does it not mean that the VM Cache is also cleared?

Again no. VM is stored permanently and no data is lost during cache refresh.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to delete the Value mapping table entires which is there in Runtime Cache. The requirement is all the data in the Runtime cache for that particular Ageny and Schema should get deleted before inserting a new data file.

The data file will be in csv format

Soldto.212334444.9123454545445

Shipto.434343432.9854545545454

I have a separate map to convert it to Valuemapping replication format and everytime i send this data the exisiting data there in runtime cache should get deleted and this new data should get inserted .

Now the issue is i need to get the Group Id of all the existing data and delete it . Is there anyway i can get the Gruop id using UDF or anything else ?

Laks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it . Actually i had given two different Group id for source and target field so that was the issue ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for your clarification . I am still facing issues like when i tried to use the Runtime cache content in another map using Value mapping conversion , its not retrieving the corresponding value but whn i tried to retrieve the data there in User interface Value mapping table , its retrieving the value ? . Is there anything i need to do inorder to retrieve the data upadted using Value mapping replication .

Laks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek . Is there anyway I can verify this other than using Cache Monitoring . Which database it gets stored ?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Verify

This is interesting to prove. I would give u examplt of our frequent cache related transaction sxi_cache. Even if u restart ur XI n no of times, u will always see the details in the transaction. (I understand that sxi_cache is on abap engine, but the XI cache functionality is implemented in the similar way).

Regards,

Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

+Its updatating in Runtime Cache but i want the data to be visible in GUI Value mapping table as well. Is it possible +

No. You cannot display the replicated value mapping data in the Integration Directory user interface.

Because i doubt that the data in Runtime Cache may get removed if the system restarts

When we say data is in XI cache, this means that a database entry is made. So dont worry about this.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In mapping develop UDF and store values in text file, once transaction is over put conditon when u want to remove file. It will be clear

Edited by: NALLAM GUNA RANJAN on Aug 1, 2008 4:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NALLAM GUNA RANJAN,

Thanks for your prompt reply but i didn't get what you are trying to convey . My issue here is

Instead of manually entering key-value pair in Value mapping table , I used Value mapping replication ( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/frameset.htm )

Its updating the data in Runtime Cache ( you can see this using Cache Monitoring ) but not able to view the data in Actual Value mapping Table (GUI in Directory of SAPXI) I want the data updated using Replication to be visible in GUI table is it possible ?

Hope you got the question much better now

Thanks

Laks