Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inprocess Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Our client has a specific requirement for Inprocess Inspection as below:

1. The production will be done in bag and number of bags will be produced.

2. The quality person will check a particular bag say bag no.200 at a given point of time.

3. If he finds problem in that he will go back to earlier produced materail for quality inspection. i.e he will check bag no. 100, 125, 150, 175, etc.

4. Now is it feasible here to confirm the qty after each inspection point?

5. Is it possible to send a followup action after each inspection point result recording.

I also want to know is there any control of UD in inprocess inspection over the good receipt in finished good stores.

Please help me

Regards

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwin,

As per the subject of this thread I am assuming that you are asking about In-process Inspection (03), and trying to answer.

3.If he finds problem in that
he will go back to earlier produced
materail for quality inspection.
i.e he will check bag no. 100, 125, 150, 175, etc

This Scenario can be mapped with two option,,,

1st you can go with the further inspection facility available for the RR.

2nd You can trigger the Quality Notification as soon as any discrepancy found. And as one of the action box of the notification you can suggest the system to generate lot (may of 89 type). In this inspection lot you can inspection "bag no. 100, 125, 150, 175, etc"

Until the lot gets UD, Notification will remain open, and till the notification not get closed, the parent phase of the inspection lot for the notification will not have the confirmation, until this confirmation get yield confirmed by the Quality person the Order confirmation can be restricted.

(These kindly of settings for "FS/SS relation" have to be configured in the User Exist for the Order confirmation)

4. Now is it feasible here to confirm the
qty after each inspection point?

" Each Inspection point" For this phrase I am getting impression such you are talking about the Operations where the MICs are assigned to the Routing/Master Recipe, correct?

Yes, its possible through settings for "FS/SS relation" have to be configured in the User Exist for the Order confirmation.

For Process order you can use below mentioned exists:

- CONFPI04 to carry out your own inspections (after carrying out SAP inspections)

- CONFPI06 to transfer customer-specific data to automatically generated confirmations.

5. Is it possible to send a
followup action after each inspection point
result recording

For which purpose you are asking this for, Normally Fllow-up actions are called at UD, not at Confirmation/Valuation of Sample or Inspection Point.

I also want to know is there any control 
of UD in inprocess inspection over the 
good receipt in finished good stores.

I think not available with InProcess inspection UD, but you can fire another inspection lot (type 04), as soon as you perform GR against Order, through confirmation, and stock will lye in QI under Finished Goods, till it get posted through UD of 04 lot.

Hope this information will help you.

Regards,

Shyamal