cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security settings with Add Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Through security settings in MDM console, is there a way by which only "Add record" privilege can be specified on a certain table "Table A" but does not have "Delete record" privilege, however have only "Modify privilege" on a different table "Table B".

It looks like "Functions" and "Tables and Fields" are mutually exclusive.

Is it possible to apply the above the functions - Add, Delete, Modify(function settings) at table levels

Please clarify

Thanks,

Sushma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

It is possible to set the restrictions on Field and Table level for the particular role. Navigate to Admin Node -> Roles table under the repository in MDM Console, Select the desired role and set the settings on Tables and Functions.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

What I was referring to is, if we have a PRODUCT table and a CUSTOMER table, is it possible to have "Add Record" privilege on PRODUCT table but not have any permission to add/ delete or modify on CUSTOMER table?

Thanks,

Sushma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible in case of Add Record at Table level.Its not possible using Functions tab in Console.Instead u can use Tables and fields tab and make the fields read only for that table based on role.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Thanks for your response. It answers my question to some extent. But its still not entirely clear.

Lets say, a table "Product SKU" has 5 attributes - List Price, Vendor Id, Weight, Length, Width.

Among the above 5 attributes, ERP User has the permission to add a new record providing 2 attributes, List Price and Vendor Id attributes. This goes through a workflow and gets submitted to Mfg User who has permission to fill the remaining 3 attributes i.e. Weight, Width, Length.

Hence, from the above, only a ERP User should be able to add a new record providing values only for List Price and Vendor Id but not for Weight, Width or Length. But, when we are attempting this, the ERP User besides adding a new record is able to supply values for all the 5 attributes.

I feel that, this should not be the expected behaviour. But these security setting working fine, i.e ERP User can alter only List Price and Vendor Id when "Modify Record" operation is attempted.

Basically "Add Record" and "Modify Record" are behaving differently with the same security settings.

Please clarify my understanding!

Thanks,

Sushma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

For this you can go to Tables and Fields tab in Roles and for ERP user make Read/Write access for List Price and Vendor Id attributes and Read Only access for other three attributes Weight, Width, Length.

This will only make ERP user to see those fields but he wont be able to do any function on those fileds which have read only access.

And similarly provide Tables and fields access to Mfg user also.

Do let me know if this works.

I hope I am able to help you.

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

I got your point and unfortunately this is not supported in current MDM Versions. Rights such as ReadOnly and Read/Write present in Tables tab will be applicable only after creation of record (ideally which should be before).

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (0)