cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

while creating sales order i got the following error.

Error: "The system could not determine a business area for item 000010. The item has plant BAN1 and is assigned to company code COCO for which a business area is required. This is caused by incomplete settings in Customizing."

When i checked the assignment Business area is assigned to plant an division. How can i solve this error

Regards

Samarth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to ovf2 and see what rule you have maintained there. If it is 1, go to ovf0 and maintain the business area to Plant and Division And if it is 2, go to ovf1 and maintain the Business Area by Sales Area.

Once you maintained all datas as suggested above, then try to create a fresh order. I am sure, Business Area will flow. I presume, you were expecting to update in the sale order which was already created before updating the IMG area.

Hope, this will work.

Best Regards,

Amit.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

T-code for maintaaining business area to valuation area is OMJ7 and path is

Enterprise structure

Assignment

Logistics - General

Assign business area to plant/valuation area and division

Most of the time plant and valuation area will be same so chkit with MM consultant .

Thanks

Manoranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please maintain:

In ox03, you have to create Business Area and in omj7, you have to assign Business Area to Plant / Valuation Area and Division

Best regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for responding. I have already created and assigned business area to valuation area(plant)/ division, But the error message is still coming. Is there any thing else that i can do.

Regards

Samarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to define a Business area and assign it properly based on a set of rules.The path for the assignement as fllows:

SPRO -> Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Sales & Distribution -> Business Area Account Assignment ->Assign Business Area by Sales Area.

The rules are business area from plant/dividion, business area from sales area...etc..You need to assigne the business area based on the rule maintianed.

Eg: If you select the rule busienss area from Plant/Division, then you need to assigne the business area to the plant/division...like for sales area.

Thanks,

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thank you responding. I have done as you have said. In rule have given as 1 i.e. Plant and division. But i am still getting the same error.

Please suggest me something else.

Regards

Samarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Chenge rule to Business Area from sales area and assign the business area to the sales area then create a new order and check whether it is working fine or not?

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Thank you for responding. I have tried Assignment rule both to Plant and sales area. sales order is still showing the same error message. What can be done.

Regards

Samarth