cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement Message in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know how to display an acknowledgement like 'Data submitted successfully" in VC after data reaches the database.. how to configure the submit button and how to design the logic.

Thanks in Advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nivedita,

One option is to have a prompt button and write the message in its properties. That means whenever the button is clicked it will show the message but this event will eb done before triggering the dataservice.

So better to proceed with the BAPI options.

Acknowledgement messages can be done by capturing the return type of BAPI.

Just follow the steps:

1.> Drag the BAPI and choose the Return port in the same way as it is done for input port.

2.> Then from Return port drag a link and create a form and select the message field of it.Just check the return port fields and test the BAPI.

3.> I hope you must have already done with the input form so no need to do any changes there.

4.> Just go to the Return port form and choose the properties of the UIElement Inputfield. There mention the formula as:

ex: If(MessageType@Error="true","Not updated")

Or just mention your logic. If you need some more help please mention. I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Nutan

Edited by: nutan champia on Aug 1, 2008 2:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Acknowledge Message Has been done from R/3 Side .

once they finished u just take one more Form in the Secondscreen Below Just drag the link BAPI To Form .

Regards ,

venkat