Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 character conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am an EnD user...

In customer and material master the description of material and customer is of 40 character. But when we create sales report, in report its not picking complete name of customer and material of 40 character. instead of that it is picking only first 20 or 30 character. what could be the reason of this.

yours sincerly,

Donna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are having Report in Excel . Please double click on Column of Customer and Material Name , it should resolve the issue.

Rajesh Managolikar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logged ticket with my developers

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donna..

For your information.. i would like to mention the following points which could be giving you some idea..

The variable lenght that is used in customer master and for the report that you are using should be equal Normally Name1 field variable length in the customer master KNA1(Hope you are aware of the tables in SAP) would be 40 character and in the report it must be 20 character ...hence the difference. Check the data type of both the tables and match the variable length. Take an Ababers help if you want

Kindly reward if this is informative..

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thannks everyone...

I am logging a complaint with my consultants who are in charge of SAP

Thnx for your replies...

Yours Sincerly,

Donna

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Donna..

Hope this is a case of ABAP... You may require the help of an ABAPer...

As a End user... I don't know how you came across such a situation to change the length of the char string... Anyway.. i would suggest you to log the ticket with your company that the the character string are not appearing... This is purely a case of ABAP...

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman