Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineering Change - Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have a field at item level in sales order, viz "Engineering Change"

This field seems to be freely definable & can be entered manually with any number.

We want to use this field to enter a reference number for assigning a external reference to an item.

Can you please tell me what is the specific use of this field & what will be the implications is we use is for the purpose I mentioned above.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In engineering industry if any change occured for the material interms of design or attribute

The Engineering Change Management processor creates simple change master records and engineering change requests and processes them further. He prepares the change to the production order or the purchase requisition in that he identifies the requests or purchase requisitions affected by a change. In addition, he carries out the reporting of the Engineering Change Management.

Thanks

Manoranjan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhananjay

Mostly this will be used in the initial stage of an order execution for a new material by the supplier.

In Engineering Industry, if a customer place an order with a new vendor, he will place the order along with a drawing. The drawing has got a reference number. Based on this drawing, the supplier has to produce and submit samples for approval. Customer will test these samples and give feedback as how the sample works. Wherever, they need to fine tune some technical specifications, they will amend these details in their drawing and release a revised drawing. This revised drawing will have a new reference number.

If the manufacturer wants to capture as to against which drawing reference, supplies are made, this field will be used. I feel other than this, it will not any other impact and you can certainly make use of it.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the valuable reply.

Regards,

Dhananjay