cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging instruction vs WM2 view - force repacking?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have the following scenario:

HUM is active in WM. I have an inbound delivery (ASN from vendor) for 5 pieces and these 5 pieces are packed on 1 pallet. My WM2 view says 1 pieces per pallet. During TO creation, the HU is completely put to 1 bin, whereas it should have been divided to 5 bins (as per WM2 view). Only arriving at the bin, we will notice that we have to unpack or repack which is too late.

Is there a way to force repacking / unpacking before or during TO creation, based on a check between actual packaging and WM2 view? Or is there any other way to cover this?

I can have a packing instruction for inbound saying 1 piece per pallet but the vendor can decide differently.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are talking about manual packing at inbound delivery ( as you preferred to escape automatic packing through packing instruction because of vendor's choice). You can maintain an allowed weight/Volume limit of packing material ( Pallet) so that it can pack only one piece instead of packing 5 or more number of pieces at a time. For that case you have to maintain weight/Volume of each material you want to pack so that system can identify them while packing.

If the materials arrive at your doorstep being packed by vendor then you can repack in the inbound delivery or using T.Code HUMO ( Handling Unit Monitor).

Otherwise you have to create some developments program to check incoming HU content vs. Material WMS2 View

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

No solution provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Unfortunately I do not think that you will get an answer now. Either your question is not simple or we do not know the answer.

So in the interest of keeping the Forum tidy and easier to surf through could you please close your thread and either try one of the other forums or try another post. I do not think that most people will bother to look this far back anymore.

Sorry I cannot help as I would if I could.

Regards

Frenchy.