cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually enter or change Tax rates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts

Is it possible to change or manually enter the tax percentage(Tax rates)in sales order or in invoice.Becoz whatever we maintain in FTXP that will be copied into the sales order. But in sales order i want to cange the existing rate.

I have already tried to set Manual entry C in Tax condition types settings and also select Amount/Percent. But its not working.

Regards

Debasish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In TAXINJ, Tax Code controls % or Amount. Hence manual change will not be permitted.

You have to use the correct Tax Code and if required, create a new Tax Code to meet the requirement.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Debasish,

Ideally you should allow end-users to change Tax Rate / Percentage manully cause it is very risky & there is scope for error.

But still if you want to keep it manually modifiable, then put tick mark in Manual column. But make sure to give ranges in the Condition type, so that end-use do not enter percentage out of a perticulat range.

Reward if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Debasish

It is strictly not recommended to change the tax rate manually in sale order. It should automatically flow based on the value maintained in FTXP and for the combination in VK11/UTXJ.

As you would be aware tax is a fixed percentage, please maintain the masters accordingly and dont try to change in sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipati,

I knowit is not recommended to change the tax rate manually in sale order and also its very risky also , But my client requirement is like that. They want one Tax code to be maintained with all tax condition types so that all the tax condition types to be diplayed in sales order and as per their requirement the will delete some tax condition types or make changes in tax rates in sales order.

So is it possible to do so.I have tried but its not working.

Please advice...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debashis,

As the experts say its not advisable....but I too had a similar requirement....Pl check the below may be it will be useful for you...

1. You can use the Alt Tax class in Sales order header--Billing tab or else

2. Mark the condition type - Manual entry has priority

3. Mark against the condition type in the pricing procedure as condition determined manually.

4. Set the copy controls for the itemcategory...VTFL - Pricing type - D (Copy pricing elements unchanged)

Becoz there is every chance that manual entries may not be copied into the Invoice if it is changes in the sales order

Hope this helps

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why change Taxes manually ?? This is not a acceptable practise

Try configuring our solution with Alternate Tax classification