Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo, Instance profile & co. -> Configuration of Application Server

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to configure a System to get used with a JCo Connection. For this I have to set up the R/3 System. I used the transaction SMLG to setup the logon group.

Is there more (except SSO and the JCo Connection itself) I have to configure in order to get the JCo connection working with the Message Server?

In the documentation of https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eb036a-0a01-0010-25a3-b2224432... at the end of page 10 is a chapter with the Configuration of Instance Profile. Maybe a stupid question. ... but on which system do I have to configure the Instance Profile? I think it is the R/3 backend system, isn't it? In my backend system are given three instance profiles. How can I indicate which is the right one? If the parameter login/accept_sso2_ticket and icm/host_name_full is missing. Do I have to add it or is it the wrong profile?

Sorry, I am really confused about it and there is no basis employee there I could ask.

Thx, Vanessa

Edited by: Vanessa Martinez on Aug 1, 2008 10:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Henk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vanessa,

In addition to that: there are indeed 3 profiles: the DEFAULT profile, the START profile and the INSTANCE profile. The latter has the form of <SID>_DVEBMGS<sys#>_<hostname>. You can adjust this on the Operating System level. However, it's recommended to adjust the profiles in Tx RZ10 in the R/3 system!

Regards,

Henk.

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thx, both answers helped a lot.

Greetings, Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will have to add profile parameters in instance profile under /usr/sap/SID/SYS/profiles.

Regards,

Srini Nookala