Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy planning books from another planning area

brian_jespersen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to copy planning books from one planning area to another. We have created a new master planning object structure and a new planning area and would like to copy the existing planning books.

The new MPOS contains the same characteristics + 1 new. The keyfigures are the same

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the planning book design transaction (/sapapo/sdp8b) you create a planning book with reference to another (eg makes a copy) to do this tick the box "with ref" then select your book.

Now when you go to your new planning book/view select Edit -> Assign Planning Area. This should now move your new book to your required planning area. As long as you have the same KF's and Chars then there should not be a problem. I would suggest, howevere, that you check your macros thoroughly when reactivating them.

Regards

Ian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

brian_jespersen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much - it was a big load of my chest

Is it also possible to copy all selections and selection profiles assigned to the old planning books?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

First step us to copy the planning book with existing planning area by using ref option in the design planning book menu.

Once you copy the planning book then go to the menu - Edit => Assign Planning Area. Here you can mention the new planning area.

Regards,

Mangesh