cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual costs in cProjects Dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the accounting integration in cProjects and used cost/revenue rates for tasks. I am successful in getting the costs calculated. I have also done the cats-cprojects integration and have been successful in bringing the time within the task for the project. I did the evaluation and I could see the Planned costs for the project. But the actual cost column is empty. I would like to understand how to bring in the actual costs.

thanks

anantharam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it on my own.

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

And would you like to share the solution with the community, please?

thx, Van

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, actually actuals costs come from the ERP system. In the ERP system, you do the time recording using CATS. Once the time is approved you transfer the costs to controlling (tcode: CAPS). After that you do the evaluation in cProjects and that is how the actual costs get reflected. Let me know in case you have any questions.

thanks

anantharam

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thx for sharing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam,

I am having the same issue. However, I am not using CATS. Doing the task completion and confirmation in cProjects. Will your solution also work for me? Appreciate if you could further explain what you mean by evaluation in cProjects? or if you know any other way to resolve my issues... Just need to transfer actuals to the internal order... I am on cProject 4.0 by the way...

Thanks a lot...

Cheers,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

Before I answer your question, I have couple of questions for you.

1) Are you trying to create an internal order from cProjects project?

2) You already have created the internal order in the ERP system and you would like to accumulate costs on to the internal order?

Basically I would like to understand your requirement better.

thanks

anantharam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam,

Thanks for the reply. The internal order is created when I release the project and contains the planned costs. These are costs based on the roles assigned to tasks in cProjects and the cost/revenue rates.

What I expect to happen is when I complete a task in cProjects and enter the number of hours in the confirmation field (additional data tab) for this to be posted to the internal order as actual cost.

Lets say for example, Project Manager (cost of $100/hour) role is assigned to Task A (work of 5 hours). This planned cost of $500 is updated in the internal order. When I complete the task and lets say enter confirmation of 5 hours work and change status to complete, I expect the internal order to be updated with $500 actual cost. However this is not happening. Is my understanding of the way the system should work correct?

Thanks a lot for the help...

Cheers,

Lashan