cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you share your experience in the following question?

25 Nos. of a Material is available in Quality Inspection stock viewed through MMBE. But, the lot is not available(maybe not created) when it is viewed through QA32. I have checked the following,

Material master for QM Active, Inspection setup active.

Quality Info record for Inspection active, delivery release & vendor block

Quality Inspection plan found available.

The given Inspection lot nos. is unable to trace.

Please clarify further what I have to check for.

RP Veluchamy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Velu

I hope that your issue is sorted and

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything especially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Velu

If you want to return this material to the supplier then find the material document that it arrived on and do a MIGO for Return against a material document and type in the material doc number it arrived on. This will automatically do a 122 mvt return to vendor and it will want to return the stock as the sane status that it arrived in. If the material arrived as unrestricted then before you save in the 'WHERE' tab change the status from unrestricted to Quality inspection and then the system should return the 25 in 'Q' This will create a TR in WM. Find that in LB10 and then create the TO for the 25 and pnt the TO to the 25 in 'Q'. This should them remove the stock.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Velu,

You are not finding the lot in QA32 correct?

Then Run trx MIGO

In "Item Detail Data" check the entry is there or not in the field "Status GR Doc." in the Quantity Tab.

In this field the value must be 1 - "Inspection active (insp. lot created)", along with that the InspLot Button will be there.

Above all symptoms will be visible only if the lot is created at GR Posting.

If these is not visible then go to "Purchase Order Data" Tab, double click on the Purchase Order Number to reach the PO Display screen,

Here See the details for the line item in the "DELIVERY" Tab. The value in the field Stock Type will be ......

- If Unrestricted use then some one has manually change the stock type at GR Creation time hence the stock is posted to QI.

These all things were about the Analysis only Now read the Solution.........

- Cancel the GR Document number (MBST)

And prepare new GR.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Velu

This message is very simple.

It is looking at want you want to do which is to release some stock from Q to unrestricted.

You are trying to release 25 pieces of material 0716583M01 in warehouse MDU in st location ASSN.

That is what the message is saying and basically SAP has checked this combination and finds that you do not have 25 pieces in quality inspection and therefore it cannot perform the transaction.

This is one SAP message that means exactly what it says.

To give you an example

If I have 100 pieces of material A in unrestricted and 25 pieces of material A in quality inspection in warehouse WH1 and st loc ST01, and I try to release 50 pieces of material A from quality to unrestricted I would get the error message

Deficit of 25 pieces in quality inspection - A WH1 ST01

This would be absolutely true as I only have 25 pieces in 'Q'

Check your stock in MMBE and see how mush is in Quality inspection (if any) and you will se why you have the message

I hope that this explains it

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frenchy,

The lot qty in MMBE is also only 25 Nos. But in QA32, there is no lot generated in that part no. and physically also i don't have that 25 nos in stores.

I have checked in MB51 for lot qty of 25 nos for reverse it. But, i could not found there is no lot qty of 25 nos.

If I try to return the qty to supplier, physically i have no stock and i don't know the the Goods receipt ref. also.

I have resolve this issue before my audit planned End Aug'08.

Help me further.

Regards,

RPVelu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try QA33 to look at all inspection lots and ensure that the inspection loy exists.

If not check the material master to confirm that QM is applied to that particular material.

The try releasing the material from 'Q' with MB1B mvt type 321 and see what error message you get.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fenchy,

The error message is :

Dificit of SL stock in Quality inspection 25 PC : 0716583M01 MDU ASSN

Kindly guide further.