cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO for SAPGUI using SNC

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

My client has made a request to allow their users to have Single Sign-On (SSO) to their ECC 5.0 and BW 3.5 systems. They have no Portal. They also want the credentials to come from Microsoft Active Directory.

In reading the help files I find the statement:

SNC: Use for user authentication and Single Sign-On when using SAP protocols (dialog, RFC) and the SAP GUI for Windows or SAP GUI for Java as the frontend clients. Transport layer security is also provided when using SNC.

For more information, see the SNC User’s Guide on the SAP Service Marketplace.

When I read through the SNC Users Guide (I can only find a 1999 version!) I'm getting more and more confused as I'm not sure what this is buying me.

The clients setup is as follows:

- SAP Servers - HPUX / Oracle

- Clients - Windows XP

- authentication at the workstation level is Active Directory

Any suggestions? or Comments?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go in through the /securityguide alias, then Secure User Acess, Autentication & Single Sign-on and review the Single Sign-on using Microsoft 2000 Kerebos PDF, it should be a lot clearer. It's how we implemented it.

The client software is located in OSS Note # 352295. I would not recommend using the MSI, it is not written to install for all users.

Can't help with the Unix side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> If you go in through the /securityguide alias, then

> Secure User Acess, Autentication & Single Sign-on and

> review the Single Sign-on using Microsoft 2000

> Kerebos PDF, it should be a lot clearer. It's how we

> implemented it.

>

> The client software is located in OSS Note # 352295.

> I would not recommend using the MSI, it is not

> written to install for all users.

>

> Can't help with the Unix side.

With regard to the MSI not installing the environment variable for all users, it's possible to modify the behaviour of the MSI so that it does insert the environment variable for all users. You need to use an MSI editor, Orca, which is available from Microsoft. What needs to be done is the <i>Environment</i> Table needs to be edited from the default value to the new value listed below.

<i>Default value</i>

=-SNC_LIB

<i>New Value</i>

=-*SNC_LIB

This change will put the environment variable in for all users of the machine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am studying now about user authentication in sap r/3.

In this case, I need the data of user authentication using SAPGUI.