cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Determination in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Do you know of a program that determines the source? I know heuristic does it, but i am more interested in a separate program if available.

We are using aggregated planning and disaggregate to a location based on the quota arrangement. The disaggregated distribution demand does not have a source assignment, and i would like to run a source assignment program after disaggregation.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Regards,

Zeeshan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its an interesting requirement and we had something similar. Unfortunately our team was not able to find anything fruitful. We did hit upon BADIs where we could put source determination logic and function modules to do something similar. But there was nothing direct. We have not yet written any custom logic, but I am guessing it should not be complex. A custom script would need to do the following:

1. Determine all planned orders without PPM

2. Determine all purchase reqs without tranp lanes

3. Use table /sapapo/trprod to assign the sources for above

But this is 4.1, and not sure if 5.0 has any such utility. If not, I guess we should regroup in asug or some user group to get this added into SAP functions !

It will be curious to hear from others though on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas,

Do you know of a function module that brings the ranking list in source determination? We can use it with some other bapis to change the purchase requisitions.

Regards,

Zeeshan.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does BADI /SAPAPO/PWB_SOS not serve your purpose?

Any Heuristic Run after net requirement will carry out source determination where this BADI can kick in. Only after that order is created and after scheduling written (saved) in liveCache.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your comments.

We are using aggregated planning and run heuristic at the aggregated level and then disaggregate to the sub location-Product level.

It is the disaggregated purchase requisition that needs a source to be assigned.

Since we will not be running heuristic again at sublocation level, i was looking for a standard function which could assign source to an anonymous distribution demand planned.

It looks that bapi SOS_GET has to be used along with another BAPI to change the orders.

Thanks again, and incase some one has done this before, it will be extremely useful to get a source code or a document.

Regards,

Zeeshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

Surce assignent is carried out for recipet element & not demand elemnt. As you correctly said heuristic does the same (since it carries out planning to generate recipet element Pld. ord, Pur req etc and source allocation takes place for reciept element).

It may not be possible to assign demand to possible sources.

Also if you want further influence default source determination, certain BADIs are avialable for the same

Regards

Mangesh A. Kulkarni