cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing in HUPAST for Batch managed items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have batch managed materials. When the deliveries are created there will not be any batch assignment to materials.

During packing using HUPAST, items will be packed for delivery items.

When we enter the delivery no, system says no delivery items selected for packing.

It seems , the batches are supposed to be entered indelivery first and then use HUPAST when packing.

HUPAST works fine for non batch managed material.

Has anybody had this issue. In our business it is not possible to pre-assigned batch to the Delivery items before packing.

We don't want to enter the Batches post- packing (which is possible by swithing off packing at item category ).

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The batch determination will always take palace before packing of the material in all business process. Once packed the material you donu2019t know which batch material in side in the handling unit. HU have that information you donu2019t worry for that.

In the two areas batch determine automatically

1. At item level- If you activate at item level it determine automatically when you create sales order. For that you have to made setting through T-Code VOV7, there you select that item category for which item category you want in that you activate the batch for that you activate the auto batch determine check box.

2. If you have warehouse managed plant, If the warehouse having storage type activated FIFO strategy. Then no need to determine at order level or delivery level. Once you create Transfer Order the transfer will pick the martial in FIFO basis the batches will shows at TO, once you confirmed the TO that batch will update for the material in the delivery.

If i'm wrong please let me know.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

I think you have not understood the question properly.

The question is not how to determine 'batch' automatically which I know how it works.

The users want to enter the batch in HUPAST at the time of packing and should be free to enter anybatch.

Standard SAP logic works in adifferent way, if you have not entered/determine the batch in delivery, the line items are proposed in HUPAST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In HUPAST enter the delivery number,system will display the content of the delivery document.

User can enter quantity and batch number and kep pressing enter .

U can enter the batch number over there ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this so simple ?

Before attempting to reply the question please read the question and test the functionality first.

Don't try to reply if don't know the answer.

Issue : If batches are not entered in delivery FIRST, the items are not proposed in HUPAST.