cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emloyee details

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am trying to capture employee name and employee number from the backend and display on to the web dynpro app , How can i go abt defining it i know which RFC to be called ,but i need info on how to define the contect and controllers around the application

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

plz go through sample [Dynpro accessing ABAP Functions|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a00f7103-6790-2a10-ac9c-fcac7c5b18a3] application.

nikhil

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi irsh mashal,

After Completion of Creating your Project the Last Phase lies in Creating the Application for your Project.

In your Project tree you will have Applications, right click on the Application and give the Application name and Give the Package in which you have Created your give the Same Package, by Browsing also this can be done. In this you Have Authentication if every time when your application is run, the user will be authenticated. No need Check the Authentication CheckBox.

Now click Next you will have Refrenced Web Dynpro Component, in that select the Use Existing webdynpro Component (as you have already Created the Component for your Project) click Next now you will see automatically your web dynpro Component, Interface View and Start Plug (Nothing but the Default View which will be displayed as starting of your Application or Project).

Now Click Finish. your application is Created. now right click on the Application you Created and you Will Deploy New Archive and Run, Click it for the First Time. After that you can Directly use Run to run your application on the Portal.

I Hope this Will be Useful For You.

Regards,

Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhargava

could u give me all the steps from start so i can completey build the application , how would i default the calendar to current pay period and how would i gather data once the employee submits information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi irsh mashal,

you Need to have a BAPI to Fetch Employee Details From Backend R/3.

ALL BAPI's are RFC's but all RFC's are not BAPI's.

You need to Define the JCO's or Create the JCO's and RFC's also if a predefined one is not Existing.

All Standard tables will be having Standard BAPI's. If you are having a custom table then you need ask your abapers to create Custom RFC to acess the Data.

You can find The Standard BAPI's for Employee Details in Business Object (BO) : EMPLOYEET and BUS1065

To Find Employees on search Criteria - BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA.

To Find Employee Personnel Numbers - BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETLIST

After identifying the BAPI goto NWDS and Create your Project and Create your Model by giving Backend R/3 Details.

Create your Component, Window and View.

Now Open Data Modeller and add the model in Models. Now Bind the Model With your Component Controller by Right Clicking on Component Controller you have apply template Click and Select Service Controller, click next choose the BAPI (i.e;Existing Model) and click Finish. This Completes your Binding of Component Controller to Model.

Now Need to Establish a Data Link between Component Controller and View.

Select Data Link and keep it on view and Drag it on to Component Controller and Map the Context Of the view to Component Controller.

Now you Need to Create your Design Layout For your View.

you Can use many UI Elements like Page Header --> to Create Page Header. BreadCrumb --> to Give Space between two UI Elements. Groups --> to Group the UI Elements.

or Right cLick on the RootContextUIElement and You Can Select Apply Template and Select the Appropraite one as Form or Table which ever is Applicable.

For any Predefined BAPI's can be Found in BAPI Transaction in R/3.

I Hope This Information Might be Helpful for you.

Regards,

Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks bhargava

I am looking for a layout like this

Employee Time Card Approval

Employee Name ********** Employee Number ***************

Pay Periods < List to select > ** Default to current < view my Time card Hyperlink >

Checkbox My time card hours worked are accurate and complete

Submit button..

Could u give me a liitle more idea on creating the application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

send me your mail address.

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

netweaverguyatgmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

For example consider bapi_employee_getlist_input.

First do the model binding between ComponentController and the model by doing apply template on the Comp.Controller and select the

search_date

object_id (as input)

and in the Employee_List select the

EName

job_id .

Now in comp.Controllers Context you have those four attributes.

Do the Contextmapping between View and Comp.Controller.

Now in View Context also you have those four attributes.

If you want to display EName and job_id as output depending on input search_date and object_id you do the data binding on view.(do Apply tamplate on RootElement Container in layout tab of view and select form for displaying output)

Regards

sowmya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First make sure the Function module u want to call from backend is remote enabled, and JCO destinations

are maintained.

then,

1) create a model, choose the RFC u want to call,

and add this model to used models.

2)open the data modeller, there, right click on the component controller and choose apply template,

choose service controller, select the bapi/RFC, and say finish.

once u do this, the node available in the model will be made available in the component controller.

3)then create a view in the window,

come back to the data modeller,

4)add a data link from view to the component controller.

drag the entire node from controller to the view and select the nodes , attributes u want in the context( i would sugggest u to select every thing into the context so that even if u require more attributes in future wont need to delete the link and recreate it.

then open the layout of the view , apply template as form and select the input fields.

5) once again apply template, choose action button, call execute method.

6) once again apply template choose table and select the node/attributes u want to display in the table.

finally rebuild, deploy and run the application.

let me know if need some more clarity.

Regards,

Satya.