cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical Port Problem using a Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have created a simple web service and imported the model succesfully into my webdynpro component. However, when I execute the web service method, I just get the following error:

"Logical Ports loading problem. Parser error."

I'm new to NWDS, but my application did work when I first used it, because my web service throws an exception and this was displayed correctly in the application.

Could this error be due to Internet explorer connection settings on the Duiscovery server? (We have a few exclusions in there).

If I type in the url of my web service manually into IE on the discovery server, it returns the expected results, so I know my web service is working.

There also seems to be a problem with my NWDS install, because if I change any of the properties of the Logical Port, the save icon isn't available, and shutting the properties page and reopening it restores the original settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is driving me nuts!

Many thanks in advance.

Nigel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so I've found the answer to the proxy settings on the client - they are stored in

<InstallDIR>\Workspace\ .metadata\ .plugins\com.tssap.config\pref_store.ini

For no proxy, change the contents of this file as follows:

#Tue Apr 15 10:09:09 ACT 2008

proxyHost=

sapInitialized=true

proxySet=false

applyNoProxy=true

proxyPort=

Then save it, delete the logical port on your model and then create a new logical port from your WSDL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so problem solved for now - I deleted my model and re-created it in NWDS and it works now.

HOWEVER, I still can't change the proxy settings in the logical port properties - it defaults to the proxt settings on my workstation, which are not valid when the application is running on the server. However, I cannot change them - the save icon is permanently disabled.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks.