cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS to IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing jms to idoc scenario...

i am using an cutimoized idoc for receiver...which is not developed still....is it possible to just create the message type and IDOC type and start work working on that....rather than developing FullIDOC which is time consuming....i am asking this because i am dependent on ABAPER......ofcourse i know it should be developed however...

is t ok,if i develop message type and idoc type and start working.....

should wait for complete IDOC......

please guide me ....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need complete IDOC with message and idoc type in the R/3. Later you import it and in XI you can use it either as an inbound or outbound interface that's the easiest way or you can even use it as a message type and create your own inbound outbound interface. First way is the most common one.

Imported IDOC to IR can act as interface or message type. Just check it in SAP XI help :).

Kind regards,

Wojciech

p.s. If you don't wait for complete idoc than you have to remember to reimport it each time and refresh idoc cache either via report or IDX2 transaction

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Idoc is predefined, so no need to create the Idoc message type.

I am not sure according to my knowledge you may do the partial mapping, after the complete developement of Idoc again you import that idoc to the XI server and do the remaining mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i want to download into IR,what is that i should do...should develop a message type or idoc type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Develope only Idoc type.

After you craete the custom Idoc just import that to IR and use, no need to create message type or something.

Now you are creating the custom Idoc, it acts as a data type and message type, after down load it to the IR and you can directly use this like message type.

Put it in the Mapping target side and do the mapping.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> if i want to download into IR,what is that i should do...should develop a message type or idoc type.

IDOC

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

So, if i should create only IDOC type and import idoc type.

then after developing message type and how will i associate that with the idoc type i already imported into IR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to create the Message type for Idoc, you can directly use that Idoc.

In the mapping if it is at receiver side, then directly put that idoc in the receiver side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can start your work.

But you will have to reimport the idoc if new fields are added to it.

Also delete the metadata from IDX2.

It also depends on what fields you need to map.

Thanks,

Beena.

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am assuming you are creating a Zidoc.

Why do you want to create the entire idoc structure. you create only those segments which you need.This will save alot of time.

Thanks

Saiyog