cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vat code in billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me that if the vat registration number is changed manually during invoice creation whether the tax code will also change due to this? If so why?

Thanks & Regards

Sonalika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PROBLEM RESOLVED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The VAT registation number is maintained in the customer master. The tax code will be maintined in the condition reocrd for output tax MWST in VK11, we donot maintin VAT number along ith condition record.

If we change the VAT number in the invoice, the tax code will not get changed.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the response. But i have noticed during invoice creation that the VAT code is getting changed when i change the customer VAT registration number. I will explain the scenario.

I have a customer who is registered in many countries. For each country combination i also have MWST condition record maintained. When i change the VAT number manually, the vat code for MWST changes.

Thanks & Regards

Sonalika

Former Member
0 Kudos

VAT Registration number is captured from Customer Master and not recommended to Change Manually in Billing Document.

As concern of Tax Code. Vat Registration number will not have any impact, if changed or not.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally VAT registration number is given by local Tax Authorities to any customer or compnay to do business.And this VAT no. will be relfected in the Invoice outputs as well as some tax reports which will be sent to tax authorities periodically.

As per regulations without VAT no. nobody can do any purchases or sales. So, if any copany registered to do so, then they will be allotted a Unique no. called VAT no.

Where as Taxes in SAP are maintained based on the Customer, Destination country, departure country etc. So, when we change the VAT no. it will not have any impact in the Tax Percentage. But the changed VAT no. will reflect in the concerned Tax reports or outputs.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonalika,

Changing the VAT registration code should not have any impact on tax code.Usually, condition records are maintained (T-Code-VK11) for condition type MWST (output taxes) where you assign tax codes for a combination of customer tax classification and material tax classification (domestic taxes).

Hence if you manually change the VAT registration no during invoice creation, output tax will still continue to be determined based upon the tax code assigned to the customer & material tax classification in the condition records.

Please check & let me know if it answers your question.

Regards,

Soumya