SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of device installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In our system, we use device info records that are only installed for billing reasons (we do not use technical aspect).

For any reason, we would like to make a device installation reverse, but i can't find any transaction in ISU 4.64 to do so.

Is there a way to reverse a device installation for billing reason?

Many thanks in advance,

Nathalie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

use transaction EG35 with the installation and the date where the device info records were

installed. No trace left ....

If you want to deinstall real devices this is a bit tricky, but will work with the following steps:

1.) use EG35 to deinstall the device billing relevant at the day it was installed.

2.) use transaction EG50 to reverse the technical installation

With this you will get a clean installation and probably could reinstall devinforecords billing relevant only if you like.

KR

Uwe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

simply do a billing-related removal on the installation date. This will reverse the installation.

It's not a work-around, it's the genuine way to reverse a billing-related installation.

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

use transaction EG35 with the installation and the date where the device info records were

installed. No trace left ....

If you want to deinstall real devices this is a bit tricky, but will work with the following steps:

1.) use EG35 to deinstall the device billing relevant at the day it was installed.

2.) use transaction EG50 to reverse the technical installation

With this you will get a clean installation and probably could reinstall devinforecords billing relevant only if you like.

KR

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Your answer also helped me with a situation we had here as well.

But when trying to follow the same procedure again we ended up with a data incosistence. The steps the user followed were:

1 - Remove device (EG32)

2 - Install same device "by mistake" (EG31)

3 - Reverse the device install (EG51)

In the "device changes" I can see that the user tried 3 times to execute EG51 to reverse the wrong device install.

Now we are not able to install any other device in the installation or see the device information in ES32. Also, it seems that one device time slice desapeared from the installation history.

Have you seen this problem before?

Thanks.

RM.

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I've seen many "inconsistancies" so far - always look the same in the result but different in detail.

From the transactions you use, I just assume the following: you did a FULL installation and just tried to deinstall it technically. This can be solved properly by doing the installation steps in a reversed order:

1) EG32

2) EG31

3) EG51

--> just a bit wrong.

I would try to check the following: which time slices are present - technically and billing related (see devicelocation and installation). Normally I'd expect the following way to solve the issue:

1) EG34 to reinstall the device billing related (as I assume the technical reversal did not work 100% correct) - check there are NO time slices between original date and e.g. the date the "tests" were done

2) EG35 for the day all should be reversed

3) EG50 and select the device from the list which is provided (well actually not a list, but at least a device to select)

--> all should be ok again until date of removal.

Usually I'd say: open an OSS message and have support check the issue so it will not get worse.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for your reply.

I opened an OSS notes and SAP fixed it by "adjusting" the data in EGERH table manually.

Regards,

RM.