cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfc generation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I'm trying to connect my other systems to solution manager as satelitte systems. I am in transaction smsy where i have 2 options for genaration my rfc destination. To use the wizard or without it.

In every system and in solution manager i have created an user that contais the autorization object s_rfc and s_rfcacl.

If i use use the wizard for rfc destination generation i get the folowing error message.

No RFC destination assigned for read access for client 001

Message no. SMSY_EDIT_LANDSCAPE150

Diagnosis

You tried to assign RFC destinations for the system NTC for central system monitoring, but there is no RFC destination for read access for the current client (001).

System Response

The RFC destinations cannot be assigned to the system monitoring.

Procedure

1. Assign an RFC destination for read access to the client (001), or generate an RFC destination for read access for the client.

2. Assign the RFC destination for system monitoring again.

Alternatively, you can use transaction RZ21 to make this assignment

directly (choose Technical Infrastructure -> Display Topology).

If i don't use the wizard and i select exactly the same checks as in wizard everthing looks ok (is green).

In both cases when i test the rfc connection evertyng works, When i read system data again evertying is ok.

I can't figure if it is a problem with the wizard or i'm missing something when i use the manual configuration.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not always an issue....

To be sure just perform the following check in the satelite system and in the solution manager.

Log on in the system with the user you defined during the RFC generation

Start transaction SM59

Under R/3 connections search for the connection with name SM_<SID>CLNTxxx_TRUSTED

Double click it

In the menu choose Test ->Authorisation

If it is ok then your trusted connection is alright

As said earlier do it in both systems (Solution manager and Satelite system) with the correct user who has the authorisations.

To specify the monitoring connection

In solution manager go back to the screen where you can generate the RFC connections (SMSY)

Set in Change mode.

Click on the Third icon with description (The first 2 icons will allow you to create the RFC connections, the 4 icon to delete the RFC connections) "Assign and Check RFC destinations"

In the new pop-up window go to the bottom and check the box next to "Assign RFC dest for Syst Monitoring"

If helpfull reward points

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Berbece Alexandru,

I am also geting exactly the same error now.. In smsy when generate rfc with assistent out of 10 message txt first 9 of them shows green. last one says

"No RFC destination assigned for read access for client 100"

I have attached the error message. Hope you have fixed the issue.

PLease help me to fix the issue.. ?..

================================

No RFC destination assigned for read access for client 100 Message no. SMSY_EDIT_LANDSCAPE150

Diagnosis

You tried to assign RFC destinations for the system NTC for central system monitoring, but there is no RFC destination for read access for the current client (001).

System Response

The RFC destinations cannot be assigned to the system monitoring.

Procedure

1. Assign an RFC destination for read access to the client (001), or generate an RFC destination for read access for the client.

2. Assign the RFC destination for system monitoring again.

Alternatively, you can use transaction RZ21 to make this assignment

directly (choose Technical Infrastructure -> Display Topology).

===============================================

How did you fix the issue ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also using wizard for rfc destination generation and getting the below error message for system monitoring option.

No RFC destination assigned for read access for client 001

Message no. SMSY_EDIT_LANDSCAPE150

I checked trusted RFC connection in SM59 and other RFC generated and everything looks good.

Please let me know if any one has solution

can this error be ignored and continue with EWA and setup of system monitoring? if any one has already done it, pls reply.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Berbece,

First step, check if the RFC connections are created in SM59. If not then you´ll need to create them.

If the connections are working fine, then the problem probably is in the user you're using for this connection.

When you link solution manager to your satellite system through the wizard, Solution Manager creates an user in your satellite system with sap_all access. After that, all you'll need to do is, change this user password and configure this password in the connection details (inside SMSY transaction).

BR,

Lucas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Berbece,

Just to check whether it is any kind of authorization issue or not, please use SU53 tcode. This will helps you in finding any authorization failure for that particular user. And it lets you act accordingly.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Satish.