cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms for Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a SAP script for the Billing and now I asked to convert the SAP script to be converted to Adobe forms, and how do I link to the outpu type in the NACE transaction ,

Kindly help me in this regard to solve this issue

Thanking you,

Raju S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I worked on a similar subject .

You got 2 solutions to "convert" your form into an Adobe Form.

First ,convert a sapscript to an adobe forms is to convert first the form in a Smartforms, then convert the smartforms into Adobe Forms .

Second, create your form directly using Adobe forms ( if you are on ECC6 you could found a template for the billing).

The first step seems to be easy but it a lot of works because when you convert a sapscript into a smartform only the "layout" part of the sapscript is convert. Also if you have write some code directly in the form you have to delete it and put it in the print program.

Has you can imagine your smartform conversion will required some days ....After that you have to convert it into Adobe Forms but you can have problem of compatibilty between the forms.

For me the best way is to start a new Adobe Forms directly, you will do it faster .

For NACE , if you are on ECC6 you can set the forms as PDF or Smartforms directly ....

Hope this help you .

Regards.

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply...

Thanks it is very useful ......

Can you help me out in designing the form....

any examples will really help me out

thanks

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Sorry i don't have any sample of invoice done with Adobe Forms .

Perhaps you can have a look a Adobe Forms Medruck_PO , it's the Purchase Order but the idea is the same because you will find table with item quantity and include table inside the table ...

Hope it's help.

Regards

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

In order to migrate a smartform to adobe

Prerequisites

All graphics that are used in the Smart Form have already been migrated.

Process:

Go to the Smart Forms initial screen (transaction SMARTFORMS).

Choose Utilities --> Migration --> Interactive Form -->Export.

In the dialog box, enter the name of the Smart Form that you want to migrate, the name of the PDF-based target form, and the target interface. The system suggests the name of the Smart Form as the name for the target form and target interface. You can change these names. The target form and the target interface can have different names.

Choose Continue.

The system displays the Settings dialog box where you can flag various options for migration. To activate the selected options and close the dialog box, choose Continue.

the dialog box Create Object Directory Entry, enter a package for the interface, or save it as a local object.

Assign the form to a package, or save the form as a local object.

The system migrates the form.

If no errors occur during the migration, you can activate the new interface and the PDF-based form. If you see an error message, read Migration with Errors or Warnings below.

Activating an Interface and PDF-Based Print Form

If the form was migrated without errors, the system returns a corresponding message. You now have a PDF-based form (consisting of a form and interface) that you can edit. Initially, migrated forms and interfaces are always inactive and therefore have to be activated before a call can be made from the application.

To activate or edit the form, choose Utilities --> Migration --> Interactive Form --> Edit. The system displays the initial screen of the form builder for PDF-based forms. After you have activated the form, you can "switch runtime" as described below.

Refer:[Migrating Smart Forms|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/16/a369b1800e4bdda978ee0fe3b7bd2c/frameset.htm]

Pl read the constraints before migrating

[Notes About Migrating Smart Forms|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3b/bb186ddb4441a7875a11d46ea6580d/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Reema.

Edited by: Reema Shahbazkar on Sep 13, 2008 12:05 AM

Edited by: Reema Shahbazkar on Sep 13, 2008 12:05 AM