cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/oracle/<SID> Directory is full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All

We are using ECC6 on HPUnix with Oracle. in our quality server /oracle/<sid> directory is full. Any one can explain what are the files i have to delete or i have to increase the volume.

Please suggest

Thanks & Regard

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

I moved the file from /oracle/SID/saptrace   and the mount point size is decreased.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

To increase the volume, it depends on how your filesystems are setup. Are you using seperate mounts for oracle datafiles and saparch? what lies directly under /oracle/<SID>

run df -k . under /oracle/<SID> to get the real picture of the filesystem. There could be log files, trace files and core dumps that you can cleanup. But if your database is growing and datafiles are part of the /oracle/<sid> filesystems then you will have to add more volumes to it.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please also check the size of the /oracle/SID/saptrace directory, you can use du:

orasid> du -k /oracle/SID/saptrace

The saptrace directory holds the alert log, user and background traces of the database. Sometimes core files are placed there as well. All those files can be deleted (please do not remove the background and usertrace directories), but if you encounter a lot of traces or cores, you should investigate further and try to fix the problems.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

/oracle/SID contains the saparch and oraarch, please check whether any more archive files are added(if saparch, oraarch are not mounted seperately). Delete or move the old archive files .

If you want you can disable the Archive log as it is Quality system, so that in the feature it wont get fill up .

If you think it is risky, if possible try to add the space.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Oracle/sid having datafiles you can not delete it you need to increase the volume.

regards,

kaushal