cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher Connection to another host if Message Server not reached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Basically, the SAP Web dispatcher gets information which it needs for load distribution from the message server. If the message server is available the web dispatcher connects itself using the parameter rdisp/mshost.

May i know if there is any parameter to enable connection to another host in case of e.g. a hardware failure and the message server is not able to receive any quests anymore from the web dispatcher?

Regards,

Collosis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Redirect to another server is not possible as explaine above. However, there is a way to go around this problem. The solution is to call up a page when the message server is not available for any reason (e.g when in maintenance mode). Below is a link to SAP Documentation that explains the parameters required to call up each page when the server is not available.

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/DE/da/7b3623447844ee87989fc13295bef9/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Collosis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>May i know if there is any parameter to enable connection to another host in case of e.g. a >hardware failure and the message server is not able to receive any quests anymore from the web >dispatcher?

There is no such parameter and it would not make any sense. There is only one Message server to connect to.

If you need High availability you need to suppress the SPOFs.

The Message server is one, the web dispatcher is another one.

For this need, my CI and my web dispatcher are clusterised with MSCS.

Regards,

Olivier