cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to run the JOB without Ineractive Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have written a new ABAP program for executing the Macro background Job and used JOB_OPEN,JOB_SUBMIT and JOB_CLOSE Function Modules to run the JOB from ABAP Program. We are able to run the JOB successfully for Any other ABAP Programs through the custom program, but when I tried with the same approach to run the Macro job through my new ABAP Program the JOB is throwing an error.

Error Message is like below

Job started

Step 001 started (program /SAPAPO/TS_BATCH_JOB, variant TEST, user ID GKMN3511

Specify a start time

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

Point of doubts:

-- Can we really execute the Macro job through the ABAP program with out any dialogue screen (because when I use the "/SAPAPO/MC8G - Schedule Demand Planning in the Backgroundu201D program in my custom program it pop-ups a interactive screen which I don't want in my ABAP program while scheduling the macro job)

Regards,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In transaction /sapapo/mc8t --> define the activity that looks at the macro in question

In transaction /sapapo/ mc8d --> define the job that looks at that activity and a selection iD/aggregation level

In transaction /sapapo/ts_batch_run --> save a variant pointing to the job defined in mc8d

you can then run the /sapapo/ts_batch_run job with that variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to SE38 and bring up /sapapo/ts_batch_run and your variant and save it there as a variant

if you can see your variant in SM36 after entering /sapapo/ts_batch_run then it will work in your program