cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI message mapping issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have HTML -> XI -> RFC scenario and I have a problem with maping ...

HTML outbound interface looks like:

s_element_1

s_element_2

s_element_3

s_element_3_1

s_element_3_2

s_element_3_2_1

s_element_3_2_2

s_element_3_2_3

RFC inbound interface is as follows

d_element_1

d_element_2

d_element_3

d_element_4

d_element_5

d_element_6

I have following mapping:

s_element_1 -> d_element_1

s_element_2 -> d_element_2

s_element_3_1 -> d_element_3

s_element_3_2_1 -> d_element_4

s_element_3_2_2 -> d_element_5

s_element_3_2_3 -> d_element_6

mapping of s_element_1, s_element_2 to d_element_1, d_element_2 works correctly. Mapping of other elements does not work ... I have direct mapping without any functions.

Has anybody an idea, why not?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

trace level changed ... to 3

now, I can see Trace level="3" messages, but, still, I haven't found a step Request messge mapping ie. I haven't found transformed target message ... what am I doing wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, I have found out the following ...

a) when try to test mapping in IR, the tool maps correctly ...

b) I finally found transformed target message, it seems to be fine ...

c) So, I inserted log-point statements into RFC function to be able to watch variable values ... I have found out, that element values are not correctly transferred from target message to RFC function ... it seems like the values are "shifted" or so ... like some synchronization problem between xi and r/3 ... did anybody see sometimes before???

Former Member
0 Kudos

... one more fact ...

It it true, that I have modified input structure if RFC method ... I have modified exactly fields, where there is now problem with values ... I have actived modified structure and also re-imported RFC structure in IR and corrected mapping ... I do not know what more I should do ... also, I don't know if it is a problem, that primary we develop in client 100, but RFC adapter calls the function in client 203 ... I did copy of a transport request using tcode scc1 ...

Has anybody any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refresh CPA Cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes!!! it helped ... thanks a lot ...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does elements of HTML and RFC lies on the same heirarchy level? Have u checked the same payload from sxmb_moni in IR -> Interface Mapping -> Test tab?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use RemoveContext from the node functions.....

Thanks,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

using of function removeContexts has no effect still mapping does not work correctly ... any other idea, pleease ...?

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you paste the XML of the source and the target message.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the occurances of the source and target.

Thanks,

Mahdu

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Prateek:

no, elements of HTML and RFC do not lie on the same heirarchy level ... is it a condition to lie on the same hierarchy level? Please see the first thread post, there I have desribed a hierarchy. s_element_3 lies on the base level, s_element_3_1 is a child element of s_element_3 (level 1) etc ... on target message, all elements lie on the base level ... is it a problem? ... anyway ... s_element_3 has an occurance 0..1, also, element s_element_3_2 (which has child elements) has occurance 0..1. So, the source message is structured (I mean it has more levels), but there are no "arrays" ...

To Madhu sudhan Reddy

see my reply to prateek, I desctibed occurances ...

Anyways, I have checked incomming payload in sxmb_mon ... source message is filled out correctly ...

thanks a lof for your replies ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you paste your target xml?

Thanks,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found out, that message mapping works in IR test tool correctly ... so, it is interesting why this transformation does not works correctly in "real life" ... is it possible to find somewhere transformed target message? I know that it is possible to see source message in sxmb_mon ... but I did not find a tool where to see transformed target message ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can see transformed message also in sxmb_moni.

Check the payload in Request messge mapping step.

If you dont see Request message mapping step in sxmb_moni, you might have to increase your trace level.

Thanks,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot see Request messge mapping step .. I can see only Inbound message (CENTRAL), Receiver grouping and Response step ... How can I increase tracing level? ... sorry for a such a stupot questions but I am a new in SAP XI ... this is my the first scenario ...

thanks for understanding ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your basis to increase the trace level.

Go to transaction sxmb_adm.

Integration engine configuration --> specific configuration

Category - Runtime

Parameter - Trace_level

Parameter TRACE_LEVEL

Meaning

The parameter TRACE_LEVEL enables you to locally set the trace level for all pipelines in an Integration Engine.

However, the diagnostic header of a message can specify the trace level at which it is to be processed. Runtime then uses the higher of the local trace level and the message trace level.

Usage

You set this parameter when you want to analyze message processing as it enables you to document either individual steps or all steps in a pipeline.

Possible Values

0 Trace deactivated

1 Document important processing steps

2 Document important processing steps and details

3 Document all processing steps and details

Thanks,

Beena.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try Mapping the source with the target using the removeContexts Node function.

Thanks

SaNv..