cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Alerts Performance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are planning to configure alerts for the key Interfaces only instead of doing for all the interfaces.

As we have more interfaces, just wondering will there be any performance issue if we configure the alerts.

As I know how to configure alerts,Please do not give me the links for how to configure alerts?.

I heard one alert takes one dialogue work process.Please through some light on the performance As we have highly loaded system with around 3000 messages per day.

Thank you..

Cheers,

/Hidayat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i have misinterpreted you question.....

Hi Hidayat,

While creating the rule, give the set of interface names (Sender and receiver) for which you need to have alerts get triggered.

you can also specify if you need to monitor the errors occurred in Integration Engine or Adapter Engine....

Hope it helps..

Thanks

Shailesh

Edited by: Shailesh Kunjiraman on Jul 31, 2008 2:05 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont raise alerts for all type of error. Raise it only for specific types of errors which is frequently encountered in ur scenarios. As u said, no of messages and interfaces is too large for ur XI, raising alerts for all the types of errors would be big issue.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the quick response!....

Yes, I second you it will be a big problem if i configure alerts for all type of errors.I am not going to rise alerts for all the interfaces. want to do only to few and that to for perticular type of errors.

Here my question will be whether one alert take one dialogue work process?

Direct question is configuring alerts even for few interfaces in heavy loaded system are good?

Thank you..

Cheers,

/Hidayat.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whether one alert take one dialogue work process

U may try to set some parameter to reduce no of connection.

alerting.maxConnections

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5c/22ee41c334c717e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Direct question is configuring alerts even for few interfaces in heavy loaded system are good?

If the interfaces are crititcal, then better to continue using alerts.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are configuring very selective interface for alerts then nothing to worry about until-unless your system is highly unstable and generate hundreds of alerts per second.

Here are few tips to achieve better performance with alerts:

- Suppress multiple alerts and give suppression time optimum.

- Deactivate all unused rules.

- All rules should be mutually exclusive i.e. no two rules overlap each other.

- Do not write syslog trace for alerts (really performance booster).

- Receipents should be fixed as role based receipent may consume bit more processor time.

I hope it will help u to decide regardig performance factor.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Yes, you understood my problem correctly, alerts are must for us. But as you said I am wondering if i get hundred's of alerts per second then XI box will sleep :-).

But I think your tips will be very useful to get the better performance with alerts.

Can you please explain me how to achieve your first tip :

1) Suppress multiple alerts and give suppression time optimum.

Any blog or doc will be helpfull..

Thanks in Advance..

Cheers,

/Hidayat.