Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC6.0 with MAXDB 7.6 for windows32 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am installing ECC6.0 with MaxDB 7.6.

I installed the MaxDB "Using the Installation Manager" < SDBSETUP >.

I installed the MaxDb with server+client and its creating an instance called "sdb".

when I am doing the ECC installation after giving the path for the installation export, its asking the MaxDB RDBMS package location. there I have given the path of the MaxDB.

But i am getting the this error.

Unable to find a LABEL.ASC at location ><. ( look for label MAXDB:760xx:RDBMS:MAX DB:WINDOWS_I386:

What can be the error?

Whether there is error in the MaxDB installation?

can anybody have sapnotes, snapshots or documents for ECC installation with MAXDB.

Thanking in advance.

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manisha,

For MaxDB, it's not necessary to install it prior to the installation of SAP, since it gets installed automatically by SAPinst. So you could consider to remove the MaxDB instance and software and start with SAPinst from scratch. Maybe that also solves your label issue.

If not, then locate the right LABEL.ASC in your RDBMS software and point SAPinst to that location. By the way: LABEL.ASC is a regular ASCII file, so you can check if the contents indeed match with what SAPinst expects.

Good luck!

Henk.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your valuable inputs. Now this issue is solved.

and i have rewarded you points for your help.

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the location: as you would be trying to give the first location. Just give the location of folder I386 and you will find out the Exact label.asc.