SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is-Retail: Package dimension in Article creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Can we enter packing dimension like Length, width and height for an article in MM41and No. of products in the package. Is there any specific fields?

We can enter dimension for article in basic data view in UOM tab. But this is required by client to capture the packing details in MM41.

Pl help me out if any field is there in MM41.

Regards,

Ram

7 REPLIES 7

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

the field UoM inthe basic data view is the right place.

1. You define the samlled UoM with sizes

2. You define a relevant package size like PAK = 10 PC with theouter dimensions.

The base unit is the unit where the rpice should be defined or handled. If you sell the product always in a 10th package, then the smallest

unit is Piece, but it doesn't matter if there are 10 or 20 inside.

e.g 1 Pak with 10 pieces

1 PC = 1 PC Base Unit

1 Pack = 10 PC = Order unit, Sales Unit

Price calculation will be done on PC

Regards

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for your reply.

I am maintaining base UoM in the basic view in the first row as EA and enter Gross weight, height, length and width for the article being created.

Now I enter PAC as order unit and sales unit with conversion factor as PAC = 10 EA in the second row of UoM. Where can I enter Package dimensions for PAC.Can I enter in the same row ?

If I enter in which table package dimensions will get stored.

INitially I will enter this data in SAP Portal and this data will be pushed to R/3 MM41 using BAPIs. Please clarify.

Regards,

Ram

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The dimensions like height, length etc can be entered in the same row of PAC. Scroll a little bit right.

See attachement screenshot.

Data will be store in MARM table and some data in MARA

Please fill in the MARM Segemnts in the BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT

Regards

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for your solution. I entered PAC dimensions in the second row and cheked in the table MARM. It shows 2 lines with dimension values in the fields for base UoM and Order UoM for one article. But in MARA, it shows only base unit dimensions.

I have one doubt in Listing and assortment as to whether we have to give and click listing procedure in MM41 while creating an article master first or we have to do listing in WSP4 before entering values in the listing view.

I run wsp4 and checked in listing view anf click listing tab but no site is selected for listing the article. Pl help.

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Pl use Tcode WSM3 and in Assortment Column give your Sites(DC & Stores) select your article/articles ,give your Listing Procedure say for e.g. B1and tick List Local Assortments.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

S.V.ManiKumaar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikumar,

Thanks for your input. It shows an error as " Rules do not allow listing" and article being read message appears.

My doubt is whether we have to carryout listing while creating in MM41 or we have carry out in wsm3.

What are the setting and values we have to make in listing view before going to wsp4 or wsm3.

Regards,

Ram

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

it doesn't mater where you do listing.

Preconditions:

Articles maintained with logistic views on reference sites

Site maintained in WB02 to be listing enabled

List with any listimg procedure.

Eitehr MM42 listing view for a listing based on article

or WSP3 or WSP4 if you list based on an assortment.

As a result you will get a MARC entry for article and a WLK1 entry and some more.

regards

B