SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select max value billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can you please let me know the variant program by which i can select max value out of 11 values.

Actually the scenario is like this where i have to compare the maximum of previous 11 billing demand values with the current max demand to get the current billing demand value.

Moreover where i should store the current billing demand in the installaction fact or in the register ?

please suggest me its urgent.

rome rishishwar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you store it in an installation fact, you'd need to compare 11 time slices outside of the billing period.

If you store it in the register (so, as a meter reading), you'd need to compare meter readings outside the billing period.

Both options are only possible with a custom made Z-variant...

The only standard option I see is by means of 11 or 12 different facts, each storing 1 demand. But this would require 11 rate steps to move the current demand (because you need to move each demand one fact down to keep the last 11) and a massive set of IF variant to determine which one is the max.

Personally, I'd go for the Z-variant. Much easier to make and transparent for the end user.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you store it in an installation fact, you'd need to compare 11 time slices outside of the billing period.

If you store it in the register (so, as a meter reading), you'd need to compare meter readings outside the billing period.

Both options are only possible with a custom made Z-variant...

The only standard option I see is by means of 11 or 12 different facts, each storing 1 demand. But this would require 11 rate steps to move the current demand (because you need to move each demand one fact down to keep the last 11) and a massive set of IF variant to determine which one is the max.

Personally, I'd go for the Z-variant. Much easier to make and transparent for the end user.

Good luck!