cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about "Generate Installation/Update Key"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I would like to ask 2 questions about "Installation/Update Key", which can be generated in Solution manager :

Solution Manager 4.0

=>t-cd:smsy

=>system <SID>

=>Other Object

=>Generate Installation/Update Key

Prerequisition:

-DB : Oracle 10.2.0

-SAP version: ECC 6.0

-Solution Manager and ERP are installed into physically different servers.

-ERP is installed on Windows Server 2003 (64 bit), but Solition manager is installed on Windows Server 2003 (32 bit) and we would like to overwrite from 32 bit to 64 bit and re-install Solution Manager.

-We would like to use current "Installation/Update Key" to re-install Solution Manager, but we afraid that same "Installation/Update Key" cannot be used after re-installation.

The questions are,

1. Is the "Installation/Update Key" saved in SAP table or local file? (So that Solution Manager can refer the key after re-installation.)

2. Anyway, is it possible to use current "Installation/Update Key" for Solution Manager after re-installed? Or do we have to re-install ERP also to make the key same?

Thanks for taking look at my questions.

I hope anybody knows the answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kaushal,

Thanks for reply.

We have known how to get "Installation/Update Key", but we were not sure about the availability of this key after Solution Manager is deleted.

May be we will try and see what will happen...

Thanks anyway !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is the "Installation/Update Key" saved in SAP table or local file? (So that Solution Manager can refer the key after re-installation.)

-> keys are not store under the table.

2. Anyway, is it possible to use current "Installation/Update Key" for Solution Manager after re-installed? Or do we have to re-install ERP also to make the key same?

-> no need to reinstall ERP

check SAP Note: 811923 Generating the SAP Solution Manager key

regards,

kaushal