Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

break sap standard role into two sub roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have one SAP standard role. now i want to break this role into two sub roles. how shall do it.

please suggest me.

regards

ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh Sammiti on Jul 31, 2008 11:00 AM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use PFCG to create 2 roles containing the transaction & authorisation value split that you desire

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

could you please check your posts, if they are really all unsolved?

>

> Total Questions: 31 (29 unresolved)

Simply copy the SAP-role into 2 roles and delete the unneeded content in those new roles. there is no automatism for splitting roles.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

first decide which txcodes you want to remove from the existing role and make a list.

Create a new role with this list of txcodes. You can use your old role as a reference for filling out auth objects but be prepared to spend some quality time testing out the newly created role.

Now, delete the txcodes that you did not want in the source role and generate using expert mode. This also needs to be tested for complete functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

When you say that you want to split the SAP Standard role into two roles:

1.Do you mean to say that you want to split the transactions and authorization data of the SAP Standard role into two separate Z* or Y* roles?

2.Do you want to copy the SAP Standard role into two different Z* or Y* roles and then modify the authorization data according to your company's requirements?

In the above two scenarios you must copy the SAP Standard role into Z* or Y* roles in PFCG transaction with the appropriate naming convention and make necessary changes in both the transaction data and the authorization data.

Please be clear which SAP Standard role you are willing to split into roles and i can provide more details.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli