cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP PPM Selection Criteria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would be really glad if you could help me regarding this issue.

I have 2 Materials with 2 SNP PPMS. The SNP PPMS were generated by converting PPDS PPMS which was cifed from R/3. The production versions in R/3 has the same validity date.

Lets say for Material A:

- It has 2 production versions and 2 SNP PPMs

- PRD1 and PRD2

- when I had run the SNP location heuristic it had selected PRD1.

Material B

- It has 2 production versions and 2 SNP PPMS

- PRD1 and PRD2

- when I had run the SNP location heuristic it had selected PRD2.

May I kindly ask therefore how PPMs are selected by the APO system in the case of SNP PPMs running SNP location Heuristic? Unless I understand the process, I cannot still create alternative PPMs. I cannot always assign manually the Procurement Priority of all the PPMs generated.

I am really hoping you'd help me regarding this issue.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely Yours,

Ria

Edited by: Ria Montealto on Jul 31, 2008 10:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the reply.

If the system chooses the first PPM in /SAPAPO/TRPROD , The 2 materials might have chosen the same PPM. Is there other ways I can determine the reason for the selection?

Really hoping for a reply.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely yours,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Have a look at the /SAPAPO/TRPROD table content and aswer me am I right. I guess you'll see for mat A:

PRD1

PRD2

and for mat B

PRD2

PRD1.

The reasons may be:

1. The sequence of transferring PPMs to APO

2. The sequence of converting to SNP PPMs

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

You are right.

I am already testing this with regards to the conversion of the PPDS to SNP PPM.

Thank you so so much.

Sincerely yours,

Ria

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

I am really thankful. And I had found the documentation in saphelp. According to the documentation, it's

u2022 Quota arrangements

u2022 Procurement priority

u2022 Procurement costs

u2022 Procurement type

However, maybe there is still a 5th one to check coz the 2 materials have the same PPMs PRD1 and PRD2. So if I will consider the above mentioned, I should still be selecting 1PPM, which is either PRD1 or PRD2. But, the first material selected PRD1 and the other selected PRD2.

I really hope you could help me with this one...

Thank you so so much.

Sincerely yours,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

As you must be aware the basis for selection of ppm are 'quota arrangment' ,'procurement priority' ,'costs(multilevel cost)' ,'procurement type' .

Kindly refer to following link for more detailed information and how this ranking list can be changed. "http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/1c/4d7a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm ".

Also if all the parameters are same , it will refer to nomenclature of the ppm as the ppm name contains the version number ciffed from r/3.

For example, if there are versions "0001 " and "0002 " in r/3 and these versions are ciffed to APO to create ppm .

The snp hueristics will select the ppm of prod. version 0001 .

Thanks & Regards

Abhijit S Nakhwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Heuristic will consider the lotsize of the PPM which having the requirement quatity's lotsize then the heuristics will consider the procurement priority of the PPM which ever is higher (0) ,the will consider the latest start date of the PPM,based on these factors heuristics will select the plan.

Do let me know if you need additional information.

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I would just like to ask some other things.

What if both PPMs has the same lot size and they have the same priority (0) which is usually the case when we convert ppds ppms to snp ppms? And Start date is also the same.

The production version that had been created in R/3 are almost the same, except that they have different routings and BOM.

So when Production Version is cifed from R/3 to APO and PPDS PPM is then converted to SNP PPM. What other factors can we still look into?

Really thank you so much.

Sincerely yours,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

In your case the system chooses the first PPM from /SAPAPO/TRPROD table. If you want to choose the PPM by your own logic, use RRP_USEX_SOURCE_FILTER method of /SAPAPO/RRP_SRC_EXIT BAdI.

Regards,

Alexander